AMD releases $100 GPU that is more powerful than Xbone's

#1ZeroRaiderPosted 1/2/2014 8:35:08 AM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744412

Apparently Xbone's GPU is based off of AMD's new R7 260 budget GPU. It is the exact same chip configuration but it is clocked at 1 GHz vs. the 863 MHz the Xbone's GPU is clocked at.

Its retail price? $109.

Can someone explain to me why they don't feel ripped off paying $500 for a video game system where a mere 20% of that budget has been allocated to the graphics processor/CPU? The PS4 is $100 cheaper yet it has a GPU that is 50% more powerful.

This thing is not going to hold up in five years.
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/2/2014 8:39:43 AM
It's always funny when people try to make direct comparisons between PC and console components. You know Bioshock Infinite? That ran on 512 megabytes of ram on the 360. Try running Bioshock Infinite on a PC with only 512 mb ram.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3ILikeGamesManPosted 1/2/2014 8:40:14 AM
The PS4 is like having a slightly larger **** but being a virgin. Who cares having extra power when you have no games to play. I can't play Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Forza, Below, D4, Sunset Overdrive etc on my PS4. I don't care that it has extra power to make Flower look good. I played Flower last gen.
#4ILikeGamesManPosted 1/2/2014 8:41:20 AM
Would like to edit out Below since its timed. Also, like the guy above me said, its hilarious when people compare PCs to consoles. Where is the logic in this?
#5AceMagasePosted 1/2/2014 8:44:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Special-EddPosted 1/2/2014 8:46:58 AM
GPU performance on a PC isn't the same as it's performance on a console. By the time the PS3 and 360 were out there were already budget cards blowing it out of the water on paper but performing the same more or less in PCs with similar specs.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#7game freakozoidPosted 1/2/2014 8:48:46 AM
The value of the One's parts (and the PS4 and WiiU) was always going to decrease over time and the PC would come out on top. Why is this news worthy?

And as others have said, while the GPU may technically be more powerful, the optimization won't be.
#8DevinePunisherPosted 1/2/2014 8:48:48 AM
Once again, if the ps4 is 50% more power it doesn't show it. lol. We been hearing this since ps3 launched in 2006, fangirls said the same thing as I stated in another thread.

And the original xbox was vastly more powerful and looked better graphically then the ps2, but that meant nothing.
---
Hop out like POOF, H52va out the roof. 873 424 cuz five-duece
#9game freakozoidPosted 1/2/2014 8:51:34 AM
DevinePunisher posted...
Once again, if the ps4 is 50% more power it doesn't show it. lol. We been hearing this since ps3 launched in 2006, fangirls said the same thing as I stated in another thread.

And the original xbox was vastly more powerful and looked better graphically then the ps2, but that meant nothing.

Actually, while the PS4 isn't 50% more powerful, on paper its GPU is.
#10schmarkenheimerPosted 1/2/2014 10:21:39 AM
Special-Edd posted...
GPU performance on a PC isn't the same as it's performance on a console. By the time the PS3 and 360 were out there were already budget cards blowing it out of the water on paper but performing the same more or less in PCs with similar specs.

Which GPUs? I'd appreciate it if you could name them, thanks.

AceMagase posted...
Go buy a case, hdd, ram, keyboard, mouse, controller, fan, motherboard, OS, monitor, and whatever else I'm forgeting then your talking well over $500 for something that isn't optimized for gaming playing games that aren't optimized to that hardware configuration and your left paying significantly more for something that doesn't come close to matching the X1's performance. You also won't get any console exclusives.

What you will get is a bunch of basement dwelling losers who make up the pc gaming community. Go make nude mods for skyrim or whatever it is you creeps do and p#$s off troll.

You don't already have a keyboard, mouse and monitor? Why not play it on your TV and hook up your 360 controller? If you want, use Linux, free OS! Then use this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/budget-gaming-do-it-yourself-computer,3364-10.html

How much more is significantly over? $650?:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-fx-6300-overclocking,3617-14.html

$800 would qualify better.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-gaming-pc-core-i5,3708-14.html

Look at dat 60fps 1080p in BF4 on ultra compared to.....

"However, the games are running at equivalent to high settings on the PC version"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-vs-pc-face-off-preview

Roughly you're getting about 50% higher FPS in BF3 v BF4/about 1/3 lower FPS in BF4 compared to BF3 on ultra and we're comparing medium and ultra to high. I don't think that Ultra in BF3 FPS v high/a mix of high/ultra in BF4 is unreasonable. So yeah, on that $500 PC from a year ago you could probably play BF4 on high at 1080p >50fps average. Not bad. You're ending up with something more powerful, more customisable, better sales (for example Tomb Raider was 80% off in the steam sale iirc, dat price yo) plus you'll get all those sweet PC exclusives. Then you're not paying to play online either, not having to buy any more controllers for multiplayer, you get mods, you can make your own if you want too! And with all that money you've saved you can upgrade in a few years to a budget card that's many times more powerful than what you own for the price of a few games on X1!

But hey, you just mad you don't have schlongs of skyrim. Best mod millennium.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12