Think there will ever be a Microsoft handheld?

#1MetalGearOnAcidPosted 1/2/2014 11:07:35 AM
They'd be inexperienced compared to Nintendo and even Sony but if they looked at what Nintendo and Sony have been doing and worked off that it could start strong..
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
#2Lerp85Posted 1/2/2014 11:08:20 AM
They tried once already and failed.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#3MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 11:09:01 AM
Tried once with what?
---
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
#42ndAtomiskPosted 1/2/2014 11:12:50 AM
Maybe he's talking about Zune or something. I don't recall any Microsoft handheld gaming systems ever being released.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#5Lerp85Posted 1/2/2014 11:13:53 AM
They tried from what I know to make a handheld system, that was when zune or what ever first came about, and it did not take.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6userfrigginamePosted 1/2/2014 11:14:14 AM
No. They're already focused on making the Xbox One a multimedia device. I believe they'd think that a dedicated handheld gaming device would only inhibit their vision of gaming. I think the only handheld gaming they'd be pursuing is tablet gaming.
#7Laylow12Posted 1/2/2014 11:14:42 AM
Surface is failing, Zune failed and Windows 8 failed. XBOX ONE hasn't failed but its losing market share to PS4 in its strongest area North America. I doubt with all that happening they're anxious to get involved in a new market.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8staticxtreme5Posted 1/2/2014 11:15:20 AM
Honestly I think Microsoft is happy enough just making Windows Phones. I doubt they would bother with a dedicated handheld, which is fine by me. Not every company needs to do everything just because the competition does.
#9MidnightJacketPosted 1/2/2014 11:43:34 AM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Honestly I think Microsoft is happy enough just making Windows Phones.

This is what I was thinking. BUT, if a handheld were developed that also functioned as a phone and was around the same size as a Galaxy, I'd be all over it. I've got a 3ds and a Vita, got bored with the 3ds and have been nothing but dissapointed in the lofty expectations of the Vita.

There was a phone produced by I think Sony maybe 10-15 years ago that functioned as both a phone and game system, and I don't think it did too well. But the games were beyond awful and on par with poor Atari games. You were better off getting a flip phone and playing snake.

All that said, Apple has filled this niche I suppose with all the app games.
#10Lerp85Posted 1/2/2014 11:46:03 AM
MidnightJacket posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
Honestly I think Microsoft is happy enough just making Windows Phones.

This is what I was thinking. BUT, if a handheld were developed that also functioned as a phone and was around the same size as a Galaxy, I'd be all over it. I've got a 3ds and a Vita, got bored with the 3ds and have been nothing but dissapointed in the lofty expectations of the Vita.

There was a phone produced by I think Sony maybe 10-15 years ago that functioned as both a phone and game system, and I don't think it did too well. But the games were beyond awful and on par with poor Atari games. You were better off getting a flip phone and playing snake.

All that said, Apple has filled this niche I suppose with all the app games.

You want what just about any smartphone is already?
---