Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with Kinect.

#21SigmaLongshotPosted 1/2/2014 2:34:01 PM
userfrigginame posted...
Plaxico Burress shot himself in the foot with a gun. But that's an old story.

I laughed, well done my friend.

But a USP suddenly becoming a problem?! "This pot noodle was sold with a sachet of sauce!" says Pete, the Pot Noodle eater. "But I hate the soy sauce!" he adds. "This is an utter nightmare!" - yet many people that add the sachet say he is a nutter.

"Why are you not all chucking away that Pot Noodle sachet?! You're all mental!"he cries. Yet they all keep adding that sachet.

Turns out that the majority loves it. But through his own blind hatred of the sauce sachet, he thinks the whole world is mad, not him. Maybe he could just be the exception, and not the rule? Perhaps he could abstain from adding the sauce sachet, though not condemn the vast majority that likes it?!

No. He goes mental and kills everyone instead.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#22TrickyPonyPosted 1/2/2014 2:36:51 PM
Plaxico Burress shot himself in his thigh, not his foot

You're enjoying your day
everything's going your way
Then along comes Debbie Downer!
#23jastenPosted 1/2/2014 3:24:22 PM
crucial posted...
Well if you did not have any games to play you think of things to do like troll and make up alts to make X1 look bad but the only thing that is bad is Duststation 4's launch line up or lack there of.

Any more cute names for the PS4? I mean, it really helps your argument with such imaginative nicknames for it! But then, for someone using the "there are no games!" argument I shouldn't expect anything of actual substance.

As for the kinect... it's what a lot of people have said: the forced bundle has kept a lot of people from buying the Xbox One. Once it burns off the initial demand, i would not be surprised if it starts tracking closer to the Wii U's first year than anything else.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.
#24Bumjuice001Posted 1/2/2014 3:52:13 PM
I have had the I have had both the Xbox and the 360 as well as the first PS and the PS2. I haven't upgraded to a new console yet but will most likely get the X1 just because majority of friends either got it or are getting it. Truth be told I feel the PS4 is the better system, and the only thing the X1 as going for me is Titanfall. I've lost interest in Halo after being a die hard fanboy since the first game. Gears is great and while I spent alot of time on the first, the series hasn't captivated my attention much with its sequels.

On the other hand, there are many Sony games I missed out on. TLoU, UC, GoW, Beyond 2 Souls, and a bunch of other titles I can't think of right now. Sony to me has some really well established franchises already, while Microsoft has forgotten everything that isn't halo or forza. They really need exclusives. Even the 360 had a good amount of exclusives for the first few years, now I don't really see any AAA games on it. Even Titanfall may come to Sony with its sequels.
---
Bumjuice
#25SythisTaruPosted 1/2/2014 3:58:22 PM
It would be like selling a Nintendo DS without the second screen.
#26kyncaniPosted 1/2/2014 5:36:09 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Yeah I agree, diminished demand is already raising it's face, it's pretty evident alot of demand this holiday was from just that...holiday demand. I wouldn't be surprised if sales of this device tapered off significantly.

Holiday demand + fanboys demand.

Now the holidays are over and the fanboys have their console.
#27fan360Posted 1/2/2014 6:24:56 PM
I bought a PS4 simply because xbox one is $100 more than PS4.
$100 makes a difference.

Micro$oft should sell it for $400 w/o kinect.
#28nickr2d2Posted 1/2/2014 6:26:29 PM
fan360 posted...
I bought a PS4 simply because xbox one is $100 more than PS4.
$100 makes a difference.

Micro$oft should sell it for $400 w/o kinect.

Sorry, won't happen. The forced addition makes it so that developers will use it.

The price drop will still happen, though.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#29NinjaDeath911Posted 1/2/2014 6:36:22 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
I guarantee you sales will be fine.

If people can buy a PS4 knowing it has nothing to offer in terms of games, they should have no problem continuing to pay a little extra for the X1. Even if the reason it costs extra is due to a piece of forced hardware they may or may not like.

There is a reason why all of my friends who own both consoles prefer the X1. Believe me, the X1 is going nowhere and will continue to sell. Lets see the sales figures in March when more games start pouring in. I already know a pretty hefty amount of people personally who are buying one during tax season just in time for Titanfall. Just wait.

Have you compared the list of titles coming out for ps4 compared to xbox one. Xbox one is far behind

But come on, stop acting like people picked up ps4 "full well knowing there would be no"

People picked it up because it's $100 cheaper, if they had one in Stock, I wouldn't have a xbox one on my entertainment center right now.
#30BoxTheMuppetPosted 1/2/2014 6:40:36 PM
Bump for making a totally original topic.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!