Can you convince me to buy the XBox One?

#1RPKingeryPosted 1/2/2014 9:15:32 PM
I want to get one, but in all honesty, the lack of backwards compatibility makes me not want to buy one. I came into the XBox 360 very late into it's cycle. I think I bought my first one in 2009. It was used and got the Red Ring of Death a few months later. I ended up buying another (slim) after the fact because I invested in a decent game library. I only own about 20 games for the XBox, and I consider them "quality" games. Also, I'm in the Air Force ( 13 years) and deploy a lot and I bring my XBox with me on every trip. Can you give me a GOOD reason to buy one? Thanks for reading, and thanks for the suggestions!
---
What's wrong with being sexy?
#2gameG3ni3Posted 1/2/2014 9:18:14 PM
Why would I want to?
---
NNID: Xenteros PSN: xGame_xGenie
#3RPKingery(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 9:19:33 PM
You don't!
---
#4Jedi454Posted 1/2/2014 9:20:27 PM
If you own a 360, why would you be worried about backwards compatibility? The Ps4 doesn't have it either.
---
GT: DyingRoman
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#5gameG3ni3Posted 1/2/2014 9:20:43 PM
Correct, I don't...
---
NNID: Xenteros PSN: xGame_xGenie
#6a687947Posted 1/2/2014 9:21:31 PM
why do you need someone else to convince you? Are you incapable of making your own decisions?
#7RPKingery(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 9:23:17 PM
I'm capable, I was just asking for some feedback, which I got! I'm not worried about the PS4. I didn't even mention it until now.
---
#81nternationa7Posted 1/2/2014 9:23:43 PM
No, but I could give you warning. If you do buy the xbox one, you may not be able to make the extra functionalities work when deployed abroad. The cable thing does not work if your cable provider is not supported (which in most foreign countries is the majority). Also app support is dependent on where you are deployed as well. A number of apps such as Netflix and Blockbuster are not supported outside of the United States. Compared to the 360, the xbox one comes in more pieces and thus is harder to transport around (kinect + xbox one + power brick). I also have heard problems with wireless router compatibility so be careful about that as well.

Only thing going for the xbox is the games, some which require a decent working internet to get in a fully operational state (Killer Instinct and Forza). Dead Rising 3 is the best reason to get a Xbox One right now.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#9xacebopPosted 1/2/2014 9:24:36 PM
I made a thread similar to this. Some xbone posted my user info and said 7 year old account, obvious troll. The rest of the xboners agreed lol
#10RPKingery(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 9:29:27 PM
Well I can try to assure you that I'm not a "troll." I can only do that by telling you that. I am a casual gamer that does not post a lot on this site, although I do get onto Gamefaqs multiple times daily. I always read the daily boards and get a chuckle out of the "level-headed" comments by everybody. I really do want to get a XBox one and was asking for some assistance. F me, right?
---