Can you convince me to buy the XBox One?

#11Laylow12Posted 1/2/2014 9:30:46 PM
I wouldn't get it if I were you. I had it and returned it after realizing it wasn't much of an upgrade in power and KINECT 2.0 was more for monitoring me than providing me with any benefit.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#12Dios_de_FuegoPosted 1/2/2014 9:33:25 PM
RPKingery posted...
I want to get one, but in all honesty, the lack of backwards compatibility makes me not want to buy one. I came into the XBox 360 very late into it's cycle. I think I bought my first one in 2009. It was used and got the Red Ring of Death a few months later. I ended up buying another (slim) after the fact because I invested in a decent game library. I only own about 20 games for the XBox, and I consider them "quality" games. Also, I'm in the Air Force ( 13 years) and deploy a lot and I bring my XBox with me on every trip. Can you give me a GOOD reason to buy one? Thanks for reading, and thanks for the suggestions!

At this very moment in time, can you play: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, and superior versions of Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts? Yes or No.

Do you look forward to future titles such as Titanfall (a superior version), Halo (5), and Minecraft: Xbox One Edition -- upon countless others? Yes or No.

If you answered Yes to both of these questions, you should seriously consider purchasing an Xbox One. For only $499.99 (+ tax) you can own the system. For $59.99 (+ tax) you can purchase a Gold Membership to Xbox LIVE. Games will run you the usual $59.99 (+ tax) and, of course, will have their downloads, season passes, premium memberships, etc. all running you from $1.99 (+ tax) - $49.99 (+ tax).

If you answered No to either of those questions, you may want to stick with your Xbox 360 and see how the future for the Xbox One turns out.

If you answered No to both of those questions, you don't want an Xbox One.
#13DevinePunisherPosted 1/2/2014 9:35:02 PM
I would say get it, its a definite upgrade in quality and graphics. The added features are a nice bonus, and the Kinect allows for some intuitive ways to pull stuff up on the go, and do multiple things at once. Also if you prefer xbox live get it, if you prefer the controller then get it. If you enjoy Kinect or Kinect type games get it. Its not that hard of a decision, its just personal preference. If you don't like none of those things, or any xbox titles then its obvious that it isn't the console for you.
---
Hop out like POOF, H52va out the roof. 873 424 cuz five-duece
#14RPKingery(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 9:43:34 PM
Thanks dios and devine. I guess I was just looking for a good answer and you provided me with two good ones!
---
What's wrong with being sexy?
#15RebelGameMasterPosted 1/2/2014 9:49:29 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/2/2014 9:51:19 PM
buy it.

or else...
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#17aszsithPosted 1/2/2014 9:53:00 PM
TC -

First, thank you for your service.

Second, you probably don't want/need a next gen system at this time. You don't play enough games it seems to be an early adopter.

Third, this is the LAST place on Earth you should ask for advice. The local children of the enemies where are are stationed are able to provide you less biased advice than you are likely to receive here.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#18darkstar4221Posted 1/2/2014 9:56:00 PM(edited)
Dios_de_Fuego posted...
RPKingery posted...
I want to get one, but in all honesty, the lack of backwards compatibility makes me not want to buy one. I came into the XBox 360 very late into it's cycle. I think I bought my first one in 2009. It was used and got the Red Ring of Death a few months later. I ended up buying another (slim) after the fact because I invested in a decent game library. I only own about 20 games for the XBox, and I consider them "quality" games. Also, I'm in the Air Force ( 13 years) and deploy a lot and I bring my XBox with me on every trip. Can you give me a GOOD reason to buy one? Thanks for reading, and thanks for the suggestions!

At this very moment in time, can you play: Dead Rising 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza 5, and superior versions of Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts? Yes or No.

Do you look forward to future titles such as Titanfall (a superior version), Halo (5), and Minecraft: Xbox One Edition -- upon countless others? Yes or No.

If you answered Yes to both of these questions, you should seriously consider purchasing an Xbox One. For only $499.99 (+ tax) you can own the system. For $59.99 (+ tax) you can purchase a Gold Membership to Xbox LIVE. Games will run you the usual $59.99 (+ tax) and, of course, will have their downloads, season passes, premium memberships, etc. all running you from $1.99 (+ tax) - $49.99 (+ tax).

If you answered No to either of those questions, you may want to stick with your Xbox 360 and see how the future for the Xbox One turns out.

If you answered No to both of those questions, you don't want an Xbox One.

Man that's cheap, it's a shame that some people can't see what a bargain the Xbox one is, *sarcasm*. To the TC if you want to waste $600+ just to play a couple games go for it. But if I were you I would stick with the 360 and wait for a serious price drop on the Xbox one.
#19DevinePunisherPosted 1/2/2014 9:53:50 PM
No problem my friend. Ignore RebelGameMaster, he has already been marked for trolling already.
---
Hop out like POOF, H52va out the roof. 873 424 cuz five-duece
#20Dcrenshaw04Posted 1/2/2014 9:56:45 PM
DevinePunisher posted...
No problem my friend. Ignore RebelGameMaster, he has already been marked for trolling already.

---
Gammer tag- Dcrenshaw04
PSN- Crenshaw4