New UFC game for xbox one / PS4... Will EA make a new Fight Night ?

#1DevinePunisherPosted 1/2/2014 8:25:58 PM
Okay so my question is, UFC is putting out games pretty regularly... But what about boxing fans? Will EA ever give us another Fight Night ? I for one enjoyed them all, all the way back from the original knockout kings games. I felt FN Champion was the closest to a real boxing simulation, but still desired a lot of work to be done. With the new genearation of consoles here I would like for another Fight Night to come out.

I might be in the minority here, but I absolutely love boxing and prefer it over mma ( still like mma though). Do you think there will be a new Fight Night released ?
---
Hop out like POOF, H52va out the roof. 873 424 cuz five-duece
#2OandA_PestPosted 1/2/2014 8:27:42 PM
**** EA.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8
#3DevinePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 8:30:31 PM
I don't really like the contract the NFL has with EA, its a monopoly. I miss the days of competition ( nfl gamday, nfl blitz, quarterback club, nfl 2k, etc ) and I'm pretty bitter about that move..

But the company has done great things for boxing games. They are currently the only company really making boxing games, even though the last one came out a few years back. Now they have the UFC license, so I'm wondering will they forget all about FN now and solely focus on UFC.
---
#4Dcrenshaw04Posted 1/2/2014 8:31:51 PM
I like them better than MMA games also but I didn't care for the last two fight nights. Round 2 and 3 were my favorites and if they are like those then I'll be ready for another.
---
Gammer tag- Dcrenshaw04
PSN- Crenshaw4
#5DevinePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 8:38:26 PM
EA won't even release any info on the topic though. I'm assuming they are going in the same direction they did with the Def Jam series....... and that direction = done with the series.

2k put out a boxing game years ago called Don King's Prizefighter, and it was utter trash !
---
#60PTICSPosted 1/2/2014 8:38:28 PM
UFC game was refreshing, but I enjoyed the Fight Night games alot more.
#7OZ_ArchangelPosted 1/2/2014 8:39:36 PM
I dont agree with the above post, the last 2 FN games were closest to real boxing. I liked FN3 but come on that stupid parry block was pure cheezeeeeeee. it wasnt even close to boxing. In short EA will make another FN they just wont release them as often according to them. theyll wait a few years in between releasing another installment. but cant wait for the next game, they are all heaps fun to play. roy jones all the way funnest boxer to use love pure speed boxers
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#8TerminonatatorPosted 1/2/2014 8:40:14 PM
Isaac Frost kicked my ass in Fight Night Champion. I NEVER beat that dude. That game has been sitting on my shelf taunting me for months. I just can't get past like 4 or 5 rounds with that guy.
---
http://tinyurl.com/d4uh227
#9DevinePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 8:45:30 PM
OZ_Archangel posted...
I dont agree with the above post, the last 2 FN games were closest to real boxing. I liked FN3 but come on that stupid parry block was pure cheezeeeeeee. it wasnt even close to boxing. In short EA will make another FN they just wont release them as often according to them. theyll wait a few years in between releasing another installment. but cant wait for the next game, they are all heaps fun to play. roy jones all the way funnest boxer to use love pure speed boxers

OMG yeeees that is so true lol. I could pick a featherweight in Round 3 and fight any heavyweight, do the Parry block which froze the opponent then do the 1-Hit KO thing every single match lol. But it was still fun.

I agree though, 4 and Champion were pretty legit. I was so excited when they finally added Tyson, he's such a monster in those games.
---
#10DevinePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2014 8:50:03 PM
Terminonatator posted...
Isaac Frost kicked my ass in Fight Night Champion. I NEVER beat that dude. That game has been sitting on my shelf taunting me for months. I just can't get past like 4 or 5 rounds with that guy.

Yeah his fight is total BS, I know how you feel. The first 3 rounds you have to run and can't let him touch you. The next 3 rounds you have to do the same thing, and don't let him touch your cut eye. The next couple rounds you have to land 75 body shots on him Lol. In round 9 I believe you can finally fight him regularly.

Frost looks like Randy Orton to me lol. But yeah man that fight was ridiculous, took me so long to beat him. Only time I struggled that bad on a boss was in Metal Gear Revengeance at the end.
---