Stupid question: But doesn't your sub to live get you Netflix/Hulu?

#1OnipaladinPosted 1/3/2014 12:45:38 AM
I thought it did but it's asking me for separate accounts to those....

Are any apps/programs free of charge with my Xbox live account (like crunchy roll...or anything?)
---
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie
#2dnmtPosted 1/3/2014 12:47:08 AM
You need a Gold subscription for anything and everything that isn't playing single player games or looking at menus.
#3NSGraphitePosted 1/3/2014 12:59:26 AM
You can play a blu ray or dvd movie without xbox live.

And that's about it.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#4BabyGangsta187Posted 1/3/2014 1:19:01 AM
Xbox live as been like this they introduced Netflix and all other apps. Nothing has changed. That was the only reason I used my PS3, no paywall. When my Gold would run out me and my girlfriend would just plug up the PS3 and watch Netflix on there ( Very good move by Sony might I add ).
#5BuzzB2317Posted 1/3/2014 1:23:00 AM
You have to pay for live and also pay for a subscription to the service.
---
Do not seek to find hope among your leaders. They are the repositories of poison. Their interest in you extends only so far as their ability to control you - SE
#6Devilwrestler03Posted 1/3/2014 1:29:32 AM
I think people have missed the question a bit. Gold makes using netflix and Hulu possible, but you still need to have a paid subscription to each of those companies to actually be able to use the services.
---
XBL-ChaoticKeys; PSN-MajesticTheater; NID-Pluto24
#7CowboyBebopCrewPosted 1/3/2014 1:59:50 AM
I thought apps such as Twitch.tv, Fox Now, TED Talks, etc. we're free with a gold subscription since I don't pay an additional subscription for them. (I also thought there was an ABC free viewer app with gold subscription as well, but I could be wrong.) These services could also be available with a silver account, but I don't know since I've had gold since Xbox Live debuted.
---
Xbox Live GT: CowboyBebopCrew ; PSN: CowboyBebopCrew
#8CowboyBebopCrewPosted 1/3/2014 2:01:52 AM
Netflix and Hulu are definitely paid subscriptions though. Sometimes you may get a free trial with a gold subscription, but you will need to pay an additional cost when the trial is over.
---
Xbox Live GT: CowboyBebopCrew ; PSN: CowboyBebopCrew