Stupid question: But doesn't your sub to live get you Netflix/Hulu?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Stupid question: But doesn't your sub to live get you Netflix/Hulu?
2 years ago#1
I thought it did but it's asking me for separate accounts to those....

Are any apps/programs free of charge with my Xbox live account (like crunchy roll...or anything?)
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie
2 years ago#2
You need a Gold subscription for anything and everything that isn't playing single player games or looking at menus.
2 years ago#3
You can play a blu ray or dvd movie without xbox live.

And that's about it.
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
2 years ago#4
Xbox live as been like this they introduced Netflix and all other apps. Nothing has changed. That was the only reason I used my PS3, no paywall. When my Gold would run out me and my girlfriend would just plug up the PS3 and watch Netflix on there ( Very good move by Sony might I add ).
2 years ago#5
You have to pay for live and also pay for a subscription to the service.
Do not seek to find hope among your leaders. They are the repositories of poison. Their interest in you extends only so far as their ability to control you - SE
2 years ago#6
I think people have missed the question a bit. Gold makes using netflix and Hulu possible, but you still need to have a paid subscription to each of those companies to actually be able to use the services.
XBL-ChaoticKeys; PSN-MajesticTheater; NID-Pluto24
2 years ago#7
I thought apps such as Twitch.tv, Fox Now, TED Talks, etc. we're free with a gold subscription since I don't pay an additional subscription for them. (I also thought there was an ABC free viewer app with gold subscription as well, but I could be wrong.) These services could also be available with a silver account, but I don't know since I've had gold since Xbox Live debuted.
Xbox Live GT: CowboyBebopCrew ; PSN: CowboyBebopCrew
2 years ago#8
Netflix and Hulu are definitely paid subscriptions though. Sometimes you may get a free trial with a gold subscription, but you will need to pay an additional cost when the trial is over.
Xbox Live GT: CowboyBebopCrew ; PSN: CowboyBebopCrew
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Stupid question: But doesn't your sub to live get you Netflix/Hulu?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived