Do you think Microsoft will fix the UI?

#1aray48Posted 1/3/2014 2:13:40 AM
Really tired of the terrible friends list and achievement apps. They are too slow and really non-intuitive. How could they have made such a dumb mistake? It has probably been discussed to death, but I have barely had my Xbox One a week and whenever I have to go to my friends list or want to view an achievement, I just think "ugh, here we go"
#2TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 1/3/2014 2:15:54 AM
Nah, history tells us they will never fix it. If you look at the Xbox 360 the UI hasn't changed one bit since launch.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#3aray48(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 2:18:22 AM
It took them forever to change the Xbox 360 UI and the One seems to have a focus on every single thing being an app, so I have little faith that they can just make these two things integrated parts of the OS rather than app. At least not quickly. ARGGGGH. How do you early users deal with this? Does anyone actually approve of the new systems?
#4TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 1/3/2014 2:25:10 AM
Well a lot of people are complaining about this and MS seems to be getting a lot of feed back, unlike the early days of 360, so it kind of puts pressure on them to fix it that much faster.
As far as I can tell from the OS it's not broken but it does need some polish, won't be long before we see an update fixing a couple of these issues.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#5LapanuiPosted 1/3/2014 2:35:47 AM
They will improve things. I know what you mean with the achievements and such.

When I get a new achievement, I would like to be prompt to press it early on and not have to wait longer for me to be able to check the achievement. I want to go straight to the achievement itself not into notifications. Then when I back out of achievements, don't take me to the dash or the game itself, I want to go into my overall achievements and check my percentage and such.

There is a play button on the achievement itself to carry on playing. I don't have any other options besides pressing the guide button, going to dash and going onto my profile to check my achievements again.

I know you can just say "Xbox Achievements", but sometimes it's nice to have the option to use a controller.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#6Pinoy441Posted 1/3/2014 2:37:42 AM
Considering that the Kinect is terrible with recognizing any voices besides American accents...
---
*grabs popcorn*
#7LapanuiPosted 1/3/2014 2:40:38 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
Considering that the Kinect is terrible with recognizing any voices besides American accents...

It's fine for me and I'm from the UK O.o
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#8TheGam3925Posted 1/3/2014 2:42:48 AM
Pinoy441 posted...

That's just MS targeting the largest demographic.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#9Pinoy441Posted 1/3/2014 2:43:11 AM
Try looking up some Aussies try to use it, or other EU countries try to use it.

It's hilarious what the Kinect thinks they say.
---
*grabs popcorn*
#10SigmaLongshotPosted 1/3/2014 2:49:41 AM
I will say that the achievement system, alongside some of the party and friend-viewing stuff, needs a tune-up to be a little bit more rapid. Considering everything else is so nippy, requiring so few inputs to access, it makes it seem more cumbersome than it actually is.

If you consider how long the mini-blades take to pop up on the Xbox 360 when you get an achievement, then scroll to the achievements and view your new one, the One's UI isn't actually more than five or ten seconds longer in total, but it goes through more gumph on-screen that makes it SEEM much longer. Because you're not actually scrolling manually and just sitting watching little meters filling up and stuff, it seems like added padding/flourish that actually detracts instead of adding to the experience.

That said, I mentioned this earlier - I am focusing a lot less on achievements because of this now, and I am actually having a lot more fun with my games again. I would stymie and stifle myself with certain 360 games, playing on super-hard mode and trying to collect all of the golden diamond skull chalices in a level just because I scoured the achievement list beforehand - now, I just play the damned game, and I'm actually really, really loving this return to "default gaming" instead of that achievement hunter, scouring-type of gaming I got dragged into.

PS - I am a Stirlingshire Scot with a thick accent, and I haven't had a single problem with Kinect. It's faultless for me.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/