Would you trade any of the xbox one launch titles for Knack on xbox one?

#11EmbersOfElderPosted 1/3/2014 10:36:51 AM
TheBonfini posted...
Finally a poll that shows this board can be objective and isn't just littered with trolls that some resident fanboys claim just because the xbox doesn't win a poll.

Knack is a horrible example of what a next gen game should be. I honestly thought the graphics were no better than a PS3 title. Mind you this is based completely on a demo unit at Target. I also played FIFA and thought that looked like a PS3 game too.

Maybe it's the crappy display they used but they really should be showcasing Shadowfall or Battlefield.

Probably should play them on a decent TV then, both look better than PS3 quality.

On that same screen I'm sure Ryse would look like a 360 game.
#12TheBonfiniPosted 1/3/2014 10:39:40 AM
EmbersOfElder posted...
TheBonfini posted...
Finally a poll that shows this board can be objective and isn't just littered with trolls that some resident fanboys claim just because the xbox doesn't win a poll.

Knack is a horrible example of what a next gen game should be. I honestly thought the graphics were no better than a PS3 title. Mind you this is based completely on a demo unit at Target. I also played FIFA and thought that looked like a PS3 game too.

Maybe it's the crappy display they used but they really should be showcasing Shadowfall or Battlefield.

Probably should play them on a decent TV then, both look better than PS3 quality.

On that same screen I'm sure Ryse would look like a 360 game.

Ya I thought that could be it. It was maybe a 32" TV. Even the colours looked washed out. It made me think all the previews I watched on my phone looked better. Oh well, good to know I shouldn't be so disappointed with next gen until I get to see it on a quality TV. The demo units suck.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#13HorridhalPosted 1/3/2014 10:42:06 AM
TheBonfini posted...

They aren't supposed to. They are only allowed to demo games of the Teen and below rating.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#14aszsithPosted 1/3/2014 12:20:51 PM
natevines posted...
CRacerX125 posted...
Sure. Trade that Fighter Within game over to PS4.

Yeah, don't see how the answer is overwhelmingly 'no' when this game happened. Also, Crimson Dragon. And I'd easily give up Call of Duty

I think the answer is overwhelmingly NO because people just don't want Knack, not because there are some stinkers that could be gotten rid of for it.

I mean, Knack looks neat, but I probably wouldn't play it much. When I eventually get my PS4, I don't foresee buying Knack for it, but you never know. Sometimes the bargain bin can be enticing during a gaming drought.

Still, I voted yes because I hate console exclusivity solely because of Nintendo. After my Wii became a dust collector I want them to do what Sega was forced to do: leave the hardware business and become a 3rd party publisher/developer (only Sega nearly killed most of their 1st party franchises with crappy multiplatform entries).
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#15Hucast9Posted 1/3/2014 12:44:22 PM
Eh, Knack looks like this gen's Kameo. I bet it'll be forgotten sooner rather than later. I'll pass on trading anything for Knack.
#16Mindwipe77Posted 1/3/2014 12:59:26 PM
kameo is better than knack, how dare you compare them...but the x1 has it's own stinkers to worry about like fighter within,crimson dragon
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#17natevinesPosted 1/3/2014 1:39:17 PM
aszsith posted...
natevines posted...
CRacerX125 posted...

Yeah, don't see how the answer is overwhelmingly 'no' when this game happened. Also, Crimson Dragon. And I'd easily give up Call of Duty

I think the answer is overwhelmingly NO because people just don't want Knack, not because there are some stinkers that could be gotten rid of for it.

I chalk it up to fanboyism. I don't even own a PS4 and never would, but if you don't think there's an exclusive worth trading right now on XB1 for Knack, you're either a fanboy or taking a very untenable position.
#18Bladez_89Posted 1/5/2014 7:41:19 AM
Haha no. Maybe KI. Maybe.
---
Currently playing BF4, Forza 5.
GT: B1ADE5
#19DeathRupterPosted 1/7/2014 7:49:20 PM
Knack is a VERY boring game. Had a lot of potential but it is literally, a snooze fest. The game never really picks up
---
XBL gamertag :Ru55o
PSN: Russo_316
#20aszsithPosted 1/7/2014 7:55:19 PM
natevines posted...
aszsith posted...
natevines posted...
CRacerX125 posted...

I chalk it up to fanboyism. I don't even own a PS4 and never would, but if you don't think there's an exclusive worth trading right now on XB1 for Knack, you're either a fanboy or taking a very untenable position.

Or you have no interest in playing Knack. You don't have to be a fanboy or closed minded to not want to play a specific title. You just have to not want to play that specific title. In this case, that title is Knack. So why would someone with no interest in something be willing to trade anything for it, even if they trade something they have an equal disinterest in? There is literally no incentive to do so.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.