Microsoft on Xbox One - "We're listening to the feedback every single day"

#11Crazy_tank51Posted 1/3/2014 12:58:53 PM
*slow clap* Yay. That's what you're supposed to do, MS.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD
#12LEGEND_725Posted 1/3/2014 1:00:02 PM
Ellesarien posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
they used to have a vision
become the top video game console
things were great...
once they got their they wanted more
they started using spin, to pacify the hardcore and attract the casual

now they want to become the top cable box of the living room...that also plays games

they lost their direction...it's simple

make a kick ass console with kick ass games...then when you have time slowly implement other things to look like a bonus...

it's so simple... if a kid is begging his parents (or his wife) for a system...you have to consider why he wants it in the first place...because it's kick ass or he wouldn't be trying to convince someone to buy it
duh

MS came out TV TV TV... I don't know any cable box enthusiasts...they weren't tuned in for the reveal...gamers were...they did what we call in this country...started off on the wrong foot...

All the guys responsible for the 360's success are gone... in comes a new group that don't know what the hell they are doing

they don't know who their customer is and they don't know what they like...they are developing a machine that MS & partners are greatly benefitting from... but the forgot to throw in a reason for their customer to buy it...

The honey moon is about to be over, things need to change soon or this boat is going to sink fast

Odd...I seem to be PLAYING GAMES on it every night....and also using all the other features.

I like their direction alot more than offering only a $400 or $500 middling processor and video card upgrade. NOW THAT DIRECTION!!!

Nice to see some actual logic being posted on this board. To follow up I could buy the PS3.5 which is basically just an inferior system to my computer while offering nothing different. Or I could get the console with the better features/exclusives/multiplayer services. Great post
---
In a dark world full of mod bias and Sony propaganda I have been chosen to stand tall and stand strong. I am the truth bringer, I am the Warrior of Xbox #1.
#13bob15xPosted 1/3/2014 1:03:11 PM
its funny how people on these boards seem to think they can dictate MS direction.

about 150 million gaming households.

about a couple billions households with tv/internet/media needs.

if you were an investor, which demographic would you rather have the company you invested in go after.

Keep in mind, the business model for the gaming households have lost billions of dollars.
#14ssj954vegitoPosted 1/3/2014 1:10:09 PM
"There's no reason why you can't have an extremely powerful game console that also does entertainment. Why does there have to be an 'and or?' We need to be able to have something that's both," Hryb said. "When that console isn't being used for playing a game, that means perhaps the gamer wants to watch some streaming media. Why not design a system that can handle that as well, and switch between the two?"

It aggravates me to read this since MS skimped out on graphical power.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#15MRL3G3NDPosted 1/3/2014 2:34:54 PM
bob15x posted...
its funny how people on these boards seem to think they can dictate MS direction.

if you were an investor, which demographic would you rather have the company you invested in go after.

Keep in mind, the business model for the gaming households have lost billions of dollars.

I'm not an investor in this case...why would anyone but investors and the people who work for them care?

I'm a consumer...whats in it for me?

You seem confused son...unless you are working for Microsoft
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#16staticxtreme5Posted 1/3/2014 2:45:48 PM
Jiggy101011 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...
Horridhal posted...
Am I the only one who read this and feels like maybe their vision of console gaming didn't sell quite as well as expected?

Didn't read it, but how could it. They changed so much since it was originally unveiled that its a shadow of what it was meant to be. What the end consumer is left with is a convoluted mess of a console. I'm not worried about it as an Xbox One owner, but it is a shame that we have to deal with so many incomplete features and ideas because of that.

True, the UI could use some changes but coming from someone who has an Xbox One I think you went overboard by saying it is a convoluted mess. If you were around for the Xbox 360 launch you would know that Microsoft updates and changes their dashboard. Just because it looks like the way it is now, doesn't mean it will stay like that.

IMO there are some things about the new dashboard that I love. The store layout is one of them.

I agree there is some good in the UI, especially the store. What I was mostly referring to is the rest of it. Things like the way discs install and the way Kinect and user profiles integrate and how guest profiles are handled. I understand that some or all issues will be resolved sooner or later, but I really do feel like them having to change the core points of the console so far along in the consoles development hurt more than anyone thinks.
#17EllesarienPosted 1/3/2014 3:03:39 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
bob15x posted...

I'm not an investor in this case...why would anyone but investors and the people who work for them care?

I'm a consumer...whats in it for me?

You seem confused son...unless you are working for Microsoft

Reading your posts in here...maybe hold off on the "son" insults.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#18coltsfan4ever31Posted 1/3/2014 3:04:17 PM
I love how some fools call the PS4 a PS 3.5. Yet MS did everything it could to stay on par with that PS 3.5.lol If MS truly believed that the original One was the future they would've stuck to their guns and released it in it's original form. But they knew sales would be crap so that's why they scrapped their original plans for this console. Fanboys kill me thinking these billion dollar corporations actually care about them and their feedback. Unless it's about lost dollars,that's when they truly "care".
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#19OandA_PestPosted 1/3/2014 3:07:52 PM
LEGEND_725 posted...

Nice to see some actual logic being posted on this board.

To follow up I could buy the PS3.5which is basically just an inferior system to my computer while offering nothing different. Or I could get the console with the better features/exclusives/multiplayer services. Great post

I'm sorry, Dave.
These two statements do not mix.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8