I have all 3 systems, my impressions

#1Merc123Posted 1/3/2014 12:57:24 PM
just some impressions i have owning all 3 systems, i got to say i really am enjoying all of them alot. First i got a PS4 since it appealed to me the most for its price point and then i caved and got an Xbox One on Black Friday, finally i recently got a Wii U and hardly spent any of my own money on the Zelda Bundle (gift cards from Christmas)

I only own AC4 on PS4, Dead Rising 3 on XB1 and Windwaker HD and Lego City Undercover on Wii U.

Overall i like the PS4 hardware the most. I find the UI just great and i love the controller. AC4 looks stunning in 1080p but its on other systems so as much as i love the game, the PS4 imo is weak game wise.

Xbox One impresses me with its features and Kinect is actually very cool. Dead Rising 3 is a ton of fun but graphics are not mind blowing, they look very nice and the amount of zombies they get on screen are crazy, other than that it had no games imo.

Wii U hardware is pretty decent, not a big fan of the UI but the gamepad is cool despite having a short battery. I gotta say i like the games i own the most though. Wind Waker HD looks beautiful and its a blast to play. Lego City Undercover is a blast as well and i love the gamepad integration. Graphics are not too shabby either but clearly not on XB1 or PS4 level. Also there are other Wii U games i really want to play.

So my impressions are
PS4- Great hardware and UI
XB1 - Great features, apps and kinect actually being cool
Wii U - Has great games.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v2 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#2bob15xPosted 1/3/2014 12:59:07 PM
WiiU hardware is great for nintendo style of games.
#3BobbyB3000Posted 1/3/2014 1:06:27 PM
Merc123 posted...
just some impressions i have owning all 3 systems, i got to say i really am enjoying all of them alot. First i got a PS4 since it appealed to me the most for its price point and then i caved and got an Xbox One on Black Friday, finally i recently got a Wii U and hardly spent any of my own money on the Zelda Bundle (gift cards from Christmas)

I only own AC4 on PS4, Dead Rising 3 on XB1 and Windwaker HD and Lego City Undercover on Wii U.

Overall i like the PS4 hardware the most. I find the UI just great and i love the controller. AC4 looks stunning in 1080p but its on other systems so as much as i love the game, the PS4 imo is weak game wise.

Xbox One impresses me with its features and Kinect is actually very cool. Dead Rising 3 is a ton of fun but graphics are not mind blowing, they look very nice and the amount of zombies they get on screen are crazy, other than that it had no games imo.

Wii U hardware is pretty decent, not a big fan of the UI but the gamepad is cool despite having a short battery. I gotta say i like the games i own the most though. Wind Waker HD looks beautiful and its a blast to play. Lego City Undercover is a blast as well and i love the gamepad integration. Graphics are not too shabby either but clearly not on XB1 or PS4 level. Also there are other Wii U games i really want to play.

So my impressions are
PS4- Great hardware and UI
XB1 - Great features, apps and kinect actually being cool
Wii U - Has BAD/OLD games except if made by Nintendo.

Fixed for you buddy and forgot to mention wii u load times!
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#4SigmaLongshotPosted 1/3/2014 1:24:51 PM
I am going to outright commend the topic creator for finding genuine promise in all three consoles, like a gentleman and a realist.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#5metallica621Posted 1/3/2014 1:27:55 PM
I also have all 3 and I play them all regularly, im glad I purchased all 3 systems, no complaints or regrets
---
"Guns Don't kill people, husbands that come home early do."
#6Mindwipe77Posted 1/3/2014 1:37:18 PM
thank you TC for sharing your opinion w/o being a brainless fanboy like so many of the posters here. I also own all 3 new systems and love them all equally. I like the 1st party nintendo games, the ps exclusives, and x1's kinect features, something to like about all of them.
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Proud owner of Xbox One,PS 4 and Wii U
#7SikkaSillPosted 1/3/2014 1:45:38 PM
What do you like better about PS4's UI compared to Xbox One's and the Wii U's?
---
RIP DP, gonna miss you bro! "Bwahhhhh" - Me
http://dragonsdogma.tumblr.com/post/20794618336
#8Merc123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 1:50:24 PM(edited)
SikkaSill posted...
What do you like better about PS4's UI compared to Xbox One's and the Wii U's?

I personally think the PS4 UI is better organized than XB1. I don't think XB1 has a bad UI but PS4 seems smoother to me and i feel like its better laid out. Might be just a personal preference.

The Wii U i am fine with but not being able to suspend a game and go anywhere like PS4 or XB1 really takes a bit away from it for me.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim