if xbox one was digital only and had no disk drive would u still have gotten it

#1shads3055Posted 1/3/2014 2:11:09 PM
I would have. because I like all the all in own and never changing disks for games. its great going all digital for me. the only time I change something is if its a blue ray movie.
#2yiangaruuugaPosted 1/3/2014 2:12:09 PM
I liked the way they had the XB1 set-up during E3 with the Family Sharing and what not, so yeah.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#3Lerp85Posted 1/3/2014 2:15:05 PM
shads3055 posted...
the only time I change something is if its a blue ray movie.

With no disk drive there would be no playing blu rays or dvds.

I would not have bought it.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#4aszsithPosted 1/3/2014 2:24:08 PM
I don't think I would have, at least not at launch. America is not ready for digital only consoles yet, for a handful of reasons.

The Telecoms don't support the bandwidth necessary for quick, smooth downloads in much of the country at this time. Many people are stuck with really slow speeds and old, outdated wiring. Upgrades are expensive, and a lot of time the Telecoms don't want to run new cables. Plus getting any sort of coverage in rural areas is spotty at best and often completely unavailable.

The Telecoms don't offer high enough data packages for Internet yet. I pay $60 for 250GB at 25MB/s a month. The next jump is to $75 for 300GB at 50MB/s. Those are fine for streaming content most of the time, but not when you start downloading a few 40GB games (COD Ghosts) in a month. The companies need to unhook the transfer rate from the data cap. It would be great to be able to get higher data rates without having to buy faster speeds and vice versa.

The digital store does not have competitive pricing like traditional retail outlets do. I can buy a disc of DR3 for $32 today at Best Buy (on sale and with GCU). It is $60 on the MS Store through the XBOne.

Right now, I think Microsoft and Sony made the right choice for the marketplace. Consumers have the option of either. 10 years from now when things have hopefully improved may be a different story.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#5a123454321Posted 1/5/2014 5:16:14 AM
aszsith - The UK is worse than America. We're starting to get fibre installed in more and more areas, but alot of people still on connections that are between 2mbps-8mbps. On top of that alot of ISPs have download limits (alot less than 250gb a month too) or traffic manage your connection so that you cannot hammer your connection at peak times. There are some ISPs out there that dont, but you have to pay for it!
#6Theninja2004Posted 1/5/2014 5:32:59 AM
I would have, have other devices for movies etc, but would have wanted a bigger HDD as well.
---
Gamertag : Slashingwind
#7MilesACPosted 1/5/2014 5:40:47 AM
I would of still bought, I have 3 digital games anyway (Forza, BF4 and NBA 2k14). Plus I thought the original features were better.
---
NyC gamer.
WiiU, XBL & PSN ID: MilesAC87
#8vcoughPosted 1/5/2014 6:35:21 AM
Nope. Physical media or bust for me..
---
XBox One Gamertag: Vann689
#9staticxtreme5Posted 1/5/2014 9:06:59 AM
Probably not. I could handle Digital Download only on games, but that would mean that the system would not play Blu-Ray and DVD. That would be the deal breaker for me.
#10WinnsockPosted 1/5/2014 1:08:38 PM
I'm an Xbot, but I'm stubborn and want physical games. I would not have bought it.
---
GT: Winnsock