Trying to decide between DR3 or Killer Instinct...can't decide which

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Trying to decide between DR3 or Killer Instinct...can't decide which
3 years ago#1
I'm a complete noob at fighting games, so DR3 would be easier for me to play, but I'm very interested in Killer Instinct. If I get Killer Instinct though I wouldn't bother with DR3 easily to March or Summer as I would want to focus my time into Killer Instinct.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
3 years ago#2
What kind of games do you play more, fighting or action/adventure?

Get which you play/like more.
PSN: Jemi200 ::: NNID: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
I Pre-Ordered an Xbox One and PS4 Within Hours of Each Other on June 10th, 2013
3 years ago#3
Get dead rising. I didn't want to get it at first but decided to and I'm glad I did
3 years ago#4
You could always download the free Killer Instinct (which comes with Saberwulf as of today), and try it. If you like it, buy it (there are 2 flavors, a $20 and a $40. Check the Store for the differences). Also, Killer Instinct isn't actually finished yet. They are still planning on adding modes to it.

Dead Rising 3 is the more complete game at the moment, but it also is more expensive.
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
3 years ago#5
I know most of the details to the games, except what comes with the $40 vs the $20.Any reason I should get the $40 over the $20? I'm on my phone right now, so it's a little cumbersome to get the extra details. Also I play either genres really, but I'm more of a noob at the fighting genre. DR3 would definitely be easier for me to pick up and play though.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
3 years ago#6
play the demos?
3 years ago#7
The $40 one comes with the original arcade game, all the currently available characters, costumes, and accessories, plus 2 more characters to be released down the road.

The $20 one comes with the currently available characters and the 2 upcoming characters.

You can also buy characters individually. And the game is smart enough that if you buy a character or two and decide to go full boar, it discounts the purchase price by what you have already paid.
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
3 years ago#8
I played the Killer Instinct Free version and did not like it at all. I'm currently playing Dead Rising 3 and it's so much better than KI.
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
3 years ago#9
Dead Rising baby wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Best game this gen so far.
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
3 years ago#10
zerooo0 posted...
I'm a complete noob at fighting games, so DR3 would be easier for me to play, but I'm very interested in Killer Instinct. If I get Killer Instinct though I wouldn't bother with DR3 easily to March or Summer as I would want to focus my time into Killer Instinct.

As someone who also sucks at fighting games, I wouldn't bank on KI taking up that much of your time. Every time I've tried one I think "maybe I won't be terrible, or maybe even if I am it'll still be fun," but then I suck and I end up hating it pretty quick. I get how people like them, but they're definitely not for everybody.
GT: Cornbread4life
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Trying to decide between DR3 or Killer Instinct...can't decide which

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived