Trying to decide between DR3 or Killer Instinct...can't decide which

#1zerooo0Posted 1/3/2014 2:42:43 PM
I'm a complete noob at fighting games, so DR3 would be easier for me to play, but I'm very interested in Killer Instinct. If I get Killer Instinct though I wouldn't bother with DR3 easily to March or Summer as I would want to focus my time into Killer Instinct.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2jim200Posted 1/3/2014 2:44:08 PM
What kind of games do you play more, fighting or action/adventure?

Get which you play/like more.
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: NNID: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
I Pre-Ordered an Xbox One and PS4 Within Hours of Each Other on June 10th, 2013
#3brownmysterPosted 1/3/2014 2:44:38 PM
Get dead rising. I didn't want to get it at first but decided to and I'm glad I did
#4aszsithPosted 1/3/2014 2:45:17 PM
You could always download the free Killer Instinct (which comes with Saberwulf as of today), and try it. If you like it, buy it (there are 2 flavors, a $20 and a $40. Check the Store for the differences). Also, Killer Instinct isn't actually finished yet. They are still planning on adding modes to it.

Dead Rising 3 is the more complete game at the moment, but it also is more expensive.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 2:54:58 PM
I know most of the details to the games, except what comes with the $40 vs the $20.Any reason I should get the $40 over the $20? I'm on my phone right now, so it's a little cumbersome to get the extra details. Also I play either genres really, but I'm more of a noob at the fighting genre. DR3 would definitely be easier for me to pick up and play though.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#6a687947Posted 1/3/2014 3:24:26 PM
play the demos?
#7aszsithPosted 1/3/2014 6:56:25 PM
The $40 one comes with the original arcade game, all the currently available characters, costumes, and accessories, plus 2 more characters to be released down the road.

The $20 one comes with the currently available characters and the 2 upcoming characters.

You can also buy characters individually. And the game is smart enough that if you buy a character or two and decide to go full boar, it discounts the purchase price by what you have already paid.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#8sjc1279Posted 1/3/2014 7:23:42 PM
I played the Killer Instinct Free version and did not like it at all. I'm currently playing Dead Rising 3 and it's so much better than KI.
---
PS4 upgrade to 1TB
Xbox One Day One Edition 500GB
#9lubmelubyouPosted 1/3/2014 7:25:14 PM
Dead Rising baby wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Best game this gen so far.
---
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
#10Cornbread4lifePosted 1/3/2014 7:27:23 PM
zerooo0 posted...
I'm a complete noob at fighting games, so DR3 would be easier for me to play, but I'm very interested in Killer Instinct. If I get Killer Instinct though I wouldn't bother with DR3 easily to March or Summer as I would want to focus my time into Killer Instinct.

As someone who also sucks at fighting games, I wouldn't bank on KI taking up that much of your time. Every time I've tried one I think "maybe I won't be terrible, or maybe even if I am it'll still be fun," but then I suck and I end up hating it pretty quick. I get how people like them, but they're definitely not for everybody.
---
GT: Cornbread4life