Titanfall's native resolution on Bone?

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 1/3/2014 1:45:46 PM
Titanfall's native resolution on Bone at release? - Results (199 votes)
Sub 720p (i.e., 540p, 600p, etc.)
20.1% (40 votes)
720p
51.26% (102 votes)
1080p
28.64% (57 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm voting for 720p. New drivers or not, TF is about 3 months from release and usually, this time is taken for finalization and bug testing it before it goes gold and to production, not messing around with upping the rez. Unless they delay from March 11 (which both EA and Microsoft will not want to do), there's no time for that.

To close, said it before, saying it again: native resolution is ALWAYS better than image processing/upscaling.
#2koichiPosted 1/3/2014 1:54:12 PM
Native resolution really is better than most other settings. BF on low at 1080p looks miles better than any setting under that on high.

But Native res only matter if you can compare it with something else. In titanfalls case, You dont get another CONSOLE(read console not pc) to compare the res with, so you dont exactly miss out on no 1080p. Of course you can always look at a pc vs x1 comparison...
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#3zephirrainesPosted 1/3/2014 1:56:33 PM
I can careless as long as its 60fps and looks good enough.

My question is if resolution matters so much to you do you believe Crimson Dragon looks better than the Last of Us?

No? Then stop desperatly looking for a reason to downplay TF because the ps4 has no games.
#4GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 1:56:39 PM
koichi posted...
Native resolution really is better than most other settings. BF on low at 1080p looks miles better than any setting under that on high.

But Native res only matter if you can compare it with something else. In titanfalls case, You dont get another CONSOLE(read console not pc) to compare the res with, so you dont exactly miss out on no 1080p. Of course you can always look at a pc vs x1 comparison...

Yes you do. In Don Mattrick's words "It's called the Xbox 360."
#5krystylaPosted 1/3/2014 1:57:56 PM
koichi posted...

That's BS on my Surface Pro I always go down on resolution to get from low to at least mid setting in game, usually 720p or 900p
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#6GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 1:58:08 PM
zephirraines posted...

My question is if resolution matters so much to you do you believe Crimson Dragon looks better than the Last of Us?

No? Then stop desperatly looking for a reason to downplay TF because the ps4 has no games.

I COULDN'T care less because whatever TF's Bone native resolution is, we already know the framerate: locked 30 frames and not 60.
#73HPPosted 1/3/2014 1:58:13 PM
No current gen game will ever run below 720p. Think of 720p as the baseline. A game running at 720p is not a good thing this gen, it's the lowest acceptable possibility.

That said i doubt TF will run at a better resolution than 720p.
#83HPPosted 1/3/2014 2:03:42 PM
zephirraines posted...

When did the TC mention PS4?

And resolution goes hand-in-hand with graphics. Just because there are many XBL and PSN games that run in native 1080p doesnt mean that they are somehow equivalent to any other games running in 1080p or somehow better than full priced games running sub-1080p.
#9MRL3G3NDPosted 1/3/2014 2:07:09 PM
doesn't matter
the PC, 360 and the XB1 will share the same textures

the resolution will be bumped up incrementally

just like every other console port...

oh yeah the PC master race folks will claim they have the best version because they have more than 60fps and the resolution of 1080p+...even though it's the same muddy textures across all platforms
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#10zephirrainesPosted 1/3/2014 2:10:38 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
zephirraines posted...

I COULDN'T care less because whatever TF's Bone native resolution is, we already know the framerate: locked 30 frames and not 60.

Link to the framerate pony.