Too much emphasis on digital content got me really cautious about the future...

#1levyjl1988Posted 1/3/2014 3:31:11 PM
of gaming.

Games are now seen as disposable entertainment.
Games, content for it being delisted, unable to purchase. Very few games are built for the long run.

Games not being preserved in the future. You see this less with servers going down for games.

The digital world once held so much promise, infinite space, being able to access a vast library of games, yet that space cannot be filled as content for games are being wiped down by the very licenses, studio closures, publishers going bankrupt, etc that once made them.

I can see why there is so much heavy retaliation against going purely digital. Why Microsoft got shafted by their attempt at a pure digital market. To have ownership over your content being controlled. Doing something bad will violate your whole account making that investment meaningless.

Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc hasn't at all alleviated our concern. I have no confidence in these services. They aren't built for the long run. They aren't creating a library of content built for the future.

Anyone else agree?
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2GuardianShadow0Posted 1/3/2014 4:09:16 PM
I agree with you. The US isn't really ready for an all digital future anyway. Internet speeds are still slow in many places and still have data caps. With games getting this huge and getting delisted when a license runs out, an all digital future is a ways off.
---
Killer of Topics
Flying Safari(Pidgey, Swanna, something) 4940-5557-6527 PM me if you add me.