What if Microsoft pulls a 180

#1simonsteelePosted 1/3/2014 4:16:03 PM
I haven't chosen a console yet, I'm going to wait a year or so because of hardware failures, but my number 1 fear with the Xbox One is that Microsoft could reverse course about midway through this thing with their DRM and mandatory kinect going forward. I have no doubt they could easily patch the mandatory DRM back in, and yes that would be really stupid of them and probably sabotage their future, but I'm not sure they're being run by the best people.

PS4 looks great but I do think the voice capabilities of the kinect are pretty cool too. I don't know which one to go with. What's to stop Microsoft from hitting everyone with a patch down the road, aside from outrage from the people who already bought it?
---
Check out my new zombie novel, "Archetype" www.simonleezombie.com
#2DelRowePosted 1/3/2014 4:19:20 PM
The Xbox brand would die if they pulled s*** like that. If they ever do it again, it will be on another console.
---
You are not in control.
#3nableetPosted 1/3/2014 5:15:59 PM
Surely that would be a 360? As they pulled the 180 in the first place.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#495_EclipsePosted 1/3/2014 5:18:52 PM
They've openly stated that they still believe in their original vision, so the possibility is there. But it would be an incredibly stupid move from a business standpoint.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#5PutHaggarInSFPosted 1/3/2014 5:21:03 PM
What if they Tony Hawk it
---
http://i.imgur.com/Venml45.gif
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#6kyncaniPosted 1/3/2014 5:21:19 PM
TC, why do you even ask : Microsoft's intentions are clear with the Xbox One.
#7yanksfan4247Posted 1/3/2014 5:26:46 PM
What if Sony goes bankrupt
What if Nintendo gets bought by Samsung
What if the new iPhone doesnt have a touch screen
What if this wasn't a dumb topic
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#8BDJaycePosted 1/3/2014 5:28:15 PM
Anyone who thinks some of the reversed policies won't slowly make a return in some way are fooling themselves.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#9aszsithPosted 1/3/2014 6:19:59 PM
I preordered my XBOne BECAUSE of the announcements at E3. When they did the about face, I considered NOT buying one because of it.

Ultimately I was always gonna buy both and XBOne and a PS4, and the launch titles swayed me toward the XBOne, but I would rather have the console they announced rather than the one I got.

I would like to get back the ability to not have to put a disc in the drive to switch between games bought at retail. I would like the Family share plan and its benefits. I have Kinect connected, so I don't mind if they require it. I have stable Internet access, so I don't mind if I have to check in online once everyday.

I guess I don't mind my console having new features instead of being basically a CPU and GPU upgrade to the same concept that I've been buying for 3 decades.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#1095_EclipsePosted 1/3/2014 6:21:42 PM
aszsith posted...
I preordered my XBOne BECAUSE of the announcements at E3. When they did the about face, I considered NOT buying one because of it.

Ultimately I was always gonna buy both and XBOne and a PS4, and the launch titles swayed me toward the XBOne, but I would rather have the console they announced rather than the one I got.

I would like to get back the ability to not have to put a disc in the drive to switch between games bought at retail. I would like the Family share plan and its benefits. I have Kinect connected, so I don't mind if they require it. I have stable Internet access, so I don't mind if I have to check in online once everyday.

I guess I don't mind my console having new features instead of being basically a CPU and GPU upgrade to the same concept that I've been buying for 3 decades.

Lmao, good one. No one is actually that stupid.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.