Who's waiting for a price drop?

#1TheGam3925Posted 1/3/2014 10:49:21 PM
Are you waiting for the Xbox One to drop in price? - Results (201 votes)
Yes
49.25% (99 votes)
No
50.75% (102 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Cheaper console, more refined UI, more reliable hardware components, larger hard drive, larger selection of games at a lower price. It's a win win scenario.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#2Lerp85Posted 1/3/2014 10:56:46 PM
Already bought it, paid it off a couple months prior to release, so no.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#3aszsithPosted 1/3/2014 11:03:35 PM
What about an option for Already Have One? How about an option for Not Interested at Any Price?

5/10 for not thinking your poll through.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#4Reel_Big_MikePosted 1/3/2014 11:06:46 PM
aszsith posted...
What about an option for Already Have One? How about an option for Not Interested at Any Price?

The answer in this poll for both of those situations would be "No" since neither of those groups of people would be waiting for a price drop.

I got an X1 on launch day so I answered No.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#5Lerp85Posted 1/3/2014 11:06:57 PM
aszsith posted...

If you don't want it or already have it then the answer is no. Way to think through your insult.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2014 11:35:44 PM
Lerp85 posted...
aszsith posted...

If you don't want it or already have it then the answer is no. Way to think through your insult.

Pretty much this.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#7BDJaycePosted 1/3/2014 11:40:18 PM
No. If i'm going to get a console, I don't think $100 extra dollars should be an issue. $400, $500.. if i'm going to blow money on something with a limited shelf life then the figures shouldn't matter.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#8aj4x94Posted 1/4/2014 1:51:58 AM
Don't want the camera. Can I have it without the bloody camera?
---
Playing: Skyrim, Lone Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#9aszsithPosted 1/4/2014 10:13:03 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
aszsith posted...

Pretty much this.

Actually, I did think about it. Obviously, the 3 of you didn't. But hey, I'll explain how statistics, polls, and bias works for you so you can ignore it and bandwagon around the bias.

A poll should include the widest possible field of responses to be unbiased. This poll is incomplete. It is worded to insinuate that it is aimed at people who intend to, but have not yet, purchased a XBOne. It ignores people who have one or don't intend on getting one. This is bias.

Essentially, all people who own one are lumped into the NO category, as you pointed out. The results then could be read as 'x' NO responses equates to that many people don't want an XBOne, even though they could be comprised of actual owners.

Conversely, people who have no intention of buying an XBOne are also lumped into the NO category. However, that response could be viewed as "x" people will by an XBOne at the current price. Again, this is not accurate.

The YES response, on the other hand, is sufficient. It could be used to predict the number of people with interest in an XBOne that are waiting for the price to drop if the poll is taken accurately, which is impossible because the rest of it is incomplete.

In the end, the poll is skewed because of a lack of reasonable response choices to represent a legitimate sample. This renders the results unusable and therefore the poll worthless.
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!
#10EGMRULZPosted 1/4/2014 1:25:48 PM
If you mean a $150 price drop then yes. I'll be a buyer when it's $350.

Ain't no system worth $550 (that's the price plus tax in my area).
---
PC & Consoles > Everything