Xbox live gold

#1Muse1001Posted 1/4/2014 5:33:14 AM
I just read that if one person has gold then everyone does, however..

My girlfriend has an xbox 360 with gold and I have a silver account on my 360, I sign in on her account from time to time to get gold features
But If I got an Xbox one and I signed in on my account and signed in on her account on the Xbox one, what will happen? Will I still get the features of gold on my account and will she still be able to use her account on a 360??

Does that make sense??
#2CapwnDPosted 1/4/2014 5:39:11 AM
You can be signed into the Xbox One and Xbox 360 at the same time.

Nothing about the Xbox One affects any gold or silver or anything on the Xbox 360.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#3Muse1001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 5:40:27 AM
So she can be using her account on the 360 while her account is on my xbox one and I'll be using her gold on my account?

I know it sounds cheap but hey, why pay for something if you can get it for free, lol
#4CapwnDPosted 1/4/2014 5:43:44 AM
Muse1001 posted...
So she can be using her account on the 360 while her account is on my xbox one and I'll be using her gold on my account?

I know it sounds cheap but hey, why pay for something if you can get it for free, lol

It might not be quite as simple as that. Her account might have to be the primary account, or she must specify that Xbox as being her "home" xbox. (that might be the same thing, actually. I'm not sure).
---
#5Muse1001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 6:15:54 AM
Thanks for your help man!

Does anyone else know anything about this or tried it themselves??
#6CrusnikCainPosted 1/4/2014 6:19:18 AM
Muse1001 posted...

xbox live gold is tied to the account not the Xbox so even if her account was on the Xbox one unless you were using her account you wouldn't have live
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#7Muse1001(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 6:21:37 AM
Yeah but I read an article saying that if one person has gold on the xbox one then all the accounts will have access to it? So if her account is on my xbox one, will her account be effected when she signs back in on her 360??
#8DojoMaxPosted 1/4/2014 6:35:13 AM
CrusnikCain posted...
Muse1001 posted...

xbox live gold is tied to the account not the Xbox so even if her account was on the Xbox one unless you were using her account you wouldn't have live

That's not true. Both the ps4 and Xbox one share premium accounts with other users on the same system. If she sales your Xbox one as the home console. You should be able to, in theory, use your account to access gold features and it shouldn't effect her 360.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#9CapwnDPosted 1/4/2014 6:37:54 AM
CrusnikCain posted...
Muse1001 posted...

That's not correct. I'm playing on a silver account right now, with nobody else signed in on my Xbox One.

And my Gold account is signed into XBL on my Xbox 360.
---
#10CapwnDPosted 1/4/2014 6:38:59 AM
Marqmax posted...
You should be able to, in theory, use your account to access gold features and it shouldn't effect her 360.

Not in theory, I just did it!

My silver account got it's ass kicked in a match of Killer Instinct.
---