why do i have to pay for apps

#11Juzten76Posted 1/4/2014 7:11:11 AM
What did you use to watch Netflix before buying the X1?
#12DeadLock25Posted 1/4/2014 7:15:14 AM
crshovrr posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
You already pay for Netflix and HBO go, why do you have to pay for internet to use them? Why do you have to pay for a television to use them? Why do you have to pay for electricity to use them? Will the paywall whining ever stop? Just don't get it then.

I use the internet other than for Netflix, I watch other stations other than HBO, I live in a house so I have to have electricity, I paid for an xbox one but I don't play multiplayer so whats their excuse,

Seriously?

Okay I pay for internet but dont use it for anything other than netflix, whats their excuse for making me pay for something like that since I am already paying for netflix? Ohh thats right, because it has other uses/functions and the world does not revolve around the preferences of one person.

Other people do play multiplayer, just because you dont, does not mean the function is not there or that it should be cut out of the price. They are not going to cater to the needs of one individual. Like the person said, if you dont like it, dont get it.

Seriously. If you know you will only be playing single player games and using apps, will not want to talk or play with others, and the games you want are also on the other platform, just get a PS4. Even better, save yourself hundreds of dollars and buy a Roku or something, since you seem to love apps. You have choices, and being an idiot is no excuse to come here and complain. If you actually bought an X1, regretted it and are coming on here to complain about that, you didnt do your research before buying, and thats entirely your fault.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#13lunaticcorePosted 1/4/2014 7:21:31 AM
Honestly if you are buying either an Xbox or a Playstation at this point without the subscription services they provide you are doing it wrong.

I also feel like the crying about this is only coming from concern trolls. If you don't have any other way to stream Netflix other than an Xbox and you also don't want to play multiplayer you are rare and so sorry for you sadface. The entire Xbox brand got huge on online multiplayer games and features. The Xbox 360 kinda sucked even on day one without online and that is still pretty much the brand.
#14Brandino185Posted 1/4/2014 7:29:50 AM
Imagine defending MS charging Gold subscriptions to use Netflix. It's straight up greedy, and needs no defending.