Is it time for a Halo reboot?

#31bessy67Posted 1/4/2014 3:50:52 PM
Delkura posted...
bessy67 posted...
Did you guys not play Halo 4? If that's not a reboot then I don't know what is...

You have no idea what a reboot is.

Apparently I don't. If a series can have a completely new set of enemies, a completely new set of weapons, a completely original story that stands independent of the other games, a completely new co-op mode and completely re-tooled multiplayer and not be a reboot simply because it features the same protagonist, then yes, I really don't get what a reboot is.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#32Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/4/2014 3:55:13 PM
bessy67 posted...
a completely original story that stands independent of the other games

it's pretty dependent on the first 3 games

if Halo 4 was someones first Halo they would not understand a damn thing that was going on
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#33singhellotakuPosted 1/4/2014 4:13:01 PM
vcough posted...
No, reboots are stupid

Also we've moved on to a new story arc so we don't really need one.
#34Strav23Posted 1/4/2014 4:13:02 PM
Wouldn't mind a halo game that doesn't focus on the current story but treated like a main game not a side one. Although I would want them to keep a sequel to halo 4 because I actually liked it the story was pretty solid. Master Chief was really well done I liked that he talked and gave orders.
#35ZeroCool000111Posted 1/4/2014 4:19:57 PM
i dont think they should make anymore. but thats just me.
---
PSN (PS3,PS4,Vita): GrimReaper4383 - 360,Xbox One: CMaggotbone
The Simpsons Tapped Out: JasonVoorhees987
#36BDJaycePosted 1/4/2014 4:30:28 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Yeah they do. Halo 4, whatever it was about, sucked. Master Chief in a new trilogy is needed.

Screw Master Chief. We need a new Spartan in a new trilogy. Master Chief's story should've ended being trapped in space with Cortana but no he just miraculously happens to land on the one planet in the cosmos with a Forerunner on it and the UNSC just so happens to arrive not long after.

The entire story of Halo 4 was a cluster****.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#37SorbetowulfPosted 1/4/2014 4:43:49 PM
BDJayce posted...
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Yeah they do. Halo 4, whatever it was about, sucked. Master Chief in a new trilogy is needed.

Screw Master Chief. We need a new Spartan in a new trilogy. Master Chief's story should've ended being trapped in space with Cortana but no he just miraculously happens to land on the one planet in the cosmos with a Forerunner on it and the UNSC just so happens to arrive not long after.

The entire story of Halo 4 was a cluster****.

Agreed. But bro, dude, person friend, they like, totally killed his special always friend at the end. Even though it obvious through the entire story that was what was gonna happen. So my feels, bro. It's even more sad because Master Chief was sad, so he's got the feels. He's people now.

They did a way better job with Reach, when we got to be our own dude, or lady Spartan, with our own armour and stuff. Then our sacrifice was personal. If they'd ironed that out so we had more freedom of choice and personality, it would have been a thing.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#38MK_GodPosted 1/4/2014 5:06:46 PM
No reboot. Just take away running and give us back "placed" weapons.
#39CKnightPosted 1/4/2014 11:41:44 PM
bessy67 posted...
Delkura posted...
bessy67 posted...
Did you guys not play Halo 4? If that's not a reboot then I don't know what is...

Apparently I don't. If a series can have a completely new set of enemies, a completely new set of weapons, a completely original story that stands independent of the other games, a completely new co-op mode and completely re-tooled multiplayer and not be a reboot simply because it features the same protagonist, then yes, I really don't get what a reboot is.

A reboot would tell the same story of the original Halo but with a few changes or twist to shake things up.

As you said Halo 4 has new enemies, weapons, ect and tells a new story. Not to mention it picks up where Halo 3 left off, Master Chief in space asleep.
#40SrgtStalkerPosted 1/5/2014 12:35:50 AM
bessy67 posted...
Delkura posted...
bessy67 posted...

You say completely new like all the old enemies and weapons were taken out? Last time I checked 4 still had elites, grunts, jackals, ar, br, carbine, etc. They were all in previous Halo games. Just because they put more enemies and weapons in doesn't make it a reboot. They added new modes to the game? Well usually you would want to put more new things in so you don't have the same thing every single game, so spartan ops was just a nice way to have your own spartan affect the story, though it obviously could have been done better. The only reason 4 seems independent of the first trilogy was because books were made to bridge the gap so you would know what happened between the end of 3 and beginning of 4.
The close to a reboot Halo has come to and most likely will ever come to is Halo Reach basically being a reboot of the Halo Fall of Reach book.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?