Don't really care for kinect...

#1AshWilliams78Posted 1/4/2014 2:24:44 PM
Do I have to set it up on the initial set up or can I just leave it the box?
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#2Lerp85Posted 1/4/2014 2:31:02 PM
You can leave it in the box.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/4/2014 2:31:20 PM
Sure you can leave it in the box, but why? Even if you don't think you'll ever use it, why not just set it up in case you do ever want to use voice commands?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4vwvSUPERMANvwvPosted 1/4/2014 2:43:39 PM
I do care..... deeply. I have come to realize that I have indeed fallen in love with it. Yes, I care.
#5elbarto1Posted 1/4/2014 3:08:16 PM
I hate it. I keep it off.
I'd box it up but its required for upload studio.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#6Lerp85Posted 1/4/2014 3:11:12 PM
elbarto1 posted...

Which is completely stupid. Don't get why you need a camera on to upload gameplay footage.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#7That_Damn_KidPosted 1/4/2014 4:52:11 PM
Sell it on eBay. People are buying it for over $100.
---
I'm not a kid, I just act like one
GT: ITS DAT DAM KID --- PSN: Lamburghini89
#8lunaticcorePosted 1/5/2014 1:03:40 AM
It actually does a ton of small useful things. I just found out that it makes taking my controller over to a friends house easier since you no longer have to hit a button on the console to tell it you are trying to connect a new controller. The Kinect can see the controller trying to connect and add it. plus it is always nice to have the console see me when I get there and just sign me in. I thought it was kinda funny that it signs in to my specific Netflix at my friends house if I am the one that tells it to go to Netflix. Makes sense if you live in a house with multiple people with different accounts though.

I use voice commands constantly at this point. Turn my Xbox and Tv on before I am even done putting my keys and stuff away when I get home from work. It signs me in when I sit down. I can have it on Netflix or Hulu before I even find the remote sometimes. I use it to mute my TV when i need to hear something on my laptop without even taking my hands off my computer. I often remember to shut my Xbox one and tv off before I leave now when I am busy putting shoes on or something else and I don't have to do anything but tell it shut off.

I had very little interest in the Kinect before getting the Xbox One and my 360 Kinect gathered dust and was a waste of money, but I am glad I have it now.
#9NightMareBunnyPosted 1/5/2014 1:10:31 AM
lunaticcore posted...
It actually does a ton of small useful things. I just found out that it makes taking my controller over to a friends house easier since you no longer have to hit a button on the console to tell it you are trying to connect a new controller. The Kinect can see the controller trying to connect and add it. plus it is always nice to have the console see me when I get there and just sign me in. I thought it was kinda funny that it signs in to my specific Netflix at my friends house if I am the one that tells it to go to Netflix. Makes sense if you live in a house with multiple people with different accounts though.

I use voice commands constantly at this point. Turn my Xbox and Tv on before I am even done putting my keys and stuff away when I get home from work. It signs me in when I sit down. I can have it on Netflix or Hulu before I even find the remote sometimes. I use it to mute my TV when i need to hear something on my laptop without even taking my hands off my computer. I often remember to shut my Xbox one and tv off before I leave now when I am busy putting shoes on or something else and I don't have to do anything but tell it shut off.

I had very little interest in the Kinect before getting the Xbox One and my 360 Kinect gathered dust and was a waste of money, but I am glad I have it now.

this is why i enjoy Kinect 2.0 If I'm too tired or feeling a little like crap on a certain day i don't have to waste time setting everything up manually i can just get where i need to be with a few simple voice commands

Xbox On
(Kinect Auto Signs Me In)
Tell Xbox to go to A Certain App Or Game
Xbox Loads It Up
I Grab the controller and relax
---
PS3 VV_Argost
XB1 GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare
#10Superman070776Posted 1/5/2014 1:19:18 AM
Lerp85 posted...
elbarto1 posted...

Which is completely stupid. Don't get why you need a camera on to upload gameplay footage.

Because that is how they wanted to make it. Not every console is made for every person. It is like with cars. Some people may not want or need all of the features of a Lambo...so there are cheap options without features, like a Fiat 500. You choose what will fit you best.

Also, if you have your own capture card, you don't even need to use Upload Studio.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid