Don't really care for kinect...

#11Merc123Posted 1/5/2014 8:00:34 AM
Yeah you don't need it except for certain apps but why box it up, it came with the system, you paid for it and its not like its a pain to plug in or set up. If you don't want to use voice commands you just set it to be off anyway and turn it on if you ever want to use it. The only thing i could see is if you literally have no place to put the kinect.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#12Lerp85Posted 1/5/2014 8:21:25 AM(edited)
Superman070776 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
elbarto1 posted...
I hate it. I keep it off.
I'd box it up but its required for upload studio.

Which is completely stupid. Don't get why you need a camera on to upload gameplay footage.

Because that is how they wanted to make it. Not every console is made for every person. It is like with cars. Some people may not want or need all of the features of a Lambo...so there are cheap options without features, like a Fiat 500. You choose what will fit you best.

Also, if you have your own capture card, you don't even need to use Upload Studio.

No, it is just stupid, not what you like or not. No reason for it to be on if you don't need it any way. Would be like them making you have it on during games, when it is not needed.

Using cars as you did it would be more like the company having it so that the radio was just on when you started, and you could not turn it off what so ever, couldn't turn it down past a set point. That is more of a comparison than yours, cause this is not a "feature" it is an annoyance.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#13bessy67Posted 1/5/2014 8:20:49 AM
Lerp85 posted...
Superman070776 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
elbarto1 posted...

Which is completely stupid. Don't get why you need a camera on to upload gameplay footage.

Because that is how they wanted to make it. Not every console is made for every person. It is like with cars. Some people may not want or need all of the features of a Lambo...so there are cheap options without features, like a Fiat 500. You choose what will fit you best.

Also, if you have your own capture card, you don't even need to use Upload Studio.

No, it is just stupid, not what you like or not. No reason for it to be on if you don't need it any way. Would be like them making you have it on during games, when it is not needed.

No, it's fine. They gave you everything you need to do it in the box. If you choose to disable features by refusing to use everything in the box then that's on you.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#14Lerp85Posted 1/5/2014 8:27:29 AM
bessy67 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
Superman070776 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
elbarto1 posted...

No, it's fine. They gave you everything you need to do it in the box. If you choose to disable features by refusing to use everything in the box then that's on you.

Well in a house with two systems one of us CANNOT have our kinect on, so it is an annoyance to have to have it on for no reason what so ever.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#15mcnichojPosted 1/5/2014 8:40:10 AM
I've never plugged mine in.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#16Lerp85Posted 1/5/2014 8:52:57 AM
And as usual after pointing out I cannot use my kinect people shut up about telling me to just use it cause they have no excuse for it. LOL
---
#17Superman070776Posted 1/5/2014 5:22:27 PM
Lerp85 posted...
Superman070776 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
elbarto1 posted...

Using cars as you did it would be more like the company having it so that the radio was just on when you started, and you could not turn it off what so ever, couldn't turn it down past a set point. That is more of a comparison than yours, cause this is not a "feature" it is an annoyance.

No, my comparison was correct. Your comparison would have worked in June of last year, but they have changed how it works, so you can turn the "radio" off if you want. I don't know what to say about why you can't use two Kinects in the same house...but that isn't a problem for me. I already said, the console isn't made for everyone, so if it isn't for you, there is a bargain console available.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
#18bessy67Posted 1/5/2014 5:27:37 PM
Lerp85 posted...
And as usual after pointing out I cannot use my kinect people shut up about telling me to just use it cause they have no excuse for it. LOL

I don't understand why you can't use it because you have two systems. Even if they're in the same room, just disable instant on with kinect on one of them.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#19Lerp85Posted 1/5/2014 7:33:21 PM
Superman070776 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
Superman070776 posted...
Lerp85 posted...
elbarto1 posted...

No, my comparison was correct. Your comparison would have worked in June of last year, but they have changed how it works, so you can turn the "radio" off if you want. I don't know what to say about why you can't use two Kinects in the same house...but that isn't a problem for me. I already said, the console isn't made for everyone, so if it isn't for you, there is a bargain console available.

No, my comparison is exact since you HAVE to have the kinect on to use upload and upload things. That is what I was talking about, not the system itself, but how it is REQUIRED AND NOT OPTIONAL to have kinect on while messing with videos in upload.

"I don't understand why you can't use it because you have two systems. Even if they're in the same room, just disable instant on with kinect on one of them."

That is great, so then when one of us tells the system to do something the other one will do it as well, cause I always want to go to netflix when my roomate does.
---
#20Lerp85Posted 1/6/2014 7:46:57 AM
Of course no responses.
---