Just played some Halo 3 again...

#11VobeDarkElfPosted 1/4/2014 10:39:54 PM
Halo went downhill fast after Halo 3 because Bunjie walked away from the franchise after 3. And even then, they were never very pleased with the three games they put out.

Ever since then, Microsoft has had other people working on the Halo games and they have been lackluster.

It's not the 'classic' halo games you want, it's a Bunjie made game that you are looking for. You should probably be looking forward to Destiny, rather than the next disappointing Halo.
#12thestickerPosted 1/4/2014 10:40:04 PM
Titanfall is going to be more like CoD than any Halo game will ever be.
#13dementedlullabyPosted 1/4/2014 10:45:42 PM
Bungie was so lazy with ODST. Slap the Halo 3 maps on a disc and give it with the game. So lame. No new maps, or competitive game modes, just Halo 3 all over again. Reach was a nice new attempt but fell short. I find Halo 4 campaign was awesome and I didn't get all the hate over MP. It wasn't as good as it could have been but overall I felt 343 kept the feel of the Halo universe and gameplay. If they can expand on that with Halo 5 and fix the issues that need fixing I have faith they can keep Halo alive.

I'm not the hugest Halo fan in the universe but it's a decent sci-fi series.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#14MetaIGearRexPosted 1/4/2014 10:47:43 PM
^ You have bad taste. Anything with the cast of Firefly is awesome by default.
---
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life." - Mickey Mantle
#156453Posted 1/5/2014 1:24:38 PM
dementedlullaby posted...
Bungie was so lazy with ODST. Slap the Halo 3 maps on a disc and give it with the game. So lame. No new maps, or competitive game modes, just Halo 3 all over again. Reach was a nice new attempt but fell short. I find Halo 4 campaign was awesome and I didn't get all the hate over MP. It wasn't as good as it could have been but overall I felt 343 kept the feel of the Halo universe and gameplay. If they can expand on that with Halo 5 and fix the issues that need fixing I have faith they can keep Halo alive.

I'm not the hugest Halo fan in the universe but it's a decent sci-fi series.

Didn't the disc with ODST include all of the DLC maps as well?
---
Meine hosen sind auf feuer!
#16jastenPosted 1/5/2014 2:04:17 PM
Funny... Halo was the reason I bought the original Xbox and it wasn't for the multiplayer. In fact, considering the single player was the reason to own it, I find it rather sad that it is now all about the MP. It was what really destroyed Halo 3. Worhtless SP and I don't play Halo for the MP.

I thought ODST and Halo Reach did admirable jobs of trying to return Halo to its roots but then Bungie left and Halo 4 came out to show just how dead the franchise is now. They are much more worried about the multiplayer and catering to the shooter fan instead of being a truly great sci fi game that just happened to let you shoot things. It's why Halo 3 was a failure in my eyes and why Halo 4 is just a general failure on all levels. There was little redeeming value to that game whatsoever.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
Becoming a monster to fight the monster still ends with a monster.
#17VoidBeyondPosted 1/6/2014 12:19:12 PM
VobeDarkElf posted...
Halo went downhill fast after Halo 3 because Bunjie walked away from the franchise after 3. And even then, they were never very pleased with the three games they put out.

Ever since then, Microsoft has had other people working on the Halo games and they have been lackluster.

It's not the 'classic' halo games you want, it's a Bunjie made game that you are looking for. You should probably be looking forward to Destiny, rather than the next disappointing Halo.

Wrong. Bungie, post 3, made ODST and Reach. Only Wars and 4 were not made by Bungie.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//