Any word on if Microsoft will release a media remote for Xbox One?

#1ZAKDUDEPosted 1/4/2014 9:29:27 PM
I'm wanting to use the Xbox One for all of my media, but it's tough when there's not even a remote released for it. Kinect is not an option when I have a loud movie playing with surround sound. Also the controller is kind of annoying for this as well. It would be more tolerable if you didn't have to turn it back on every time you want to use it.

So anyone know if one is coming?
#2Foxx3kPosted 1/4/2014 9:38:46 PM
Doesn't it have an IR thingy? Could you use a universal remote?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3SorbetowulfPosted 1/4/2014 9:39:32 PM
It would not surprise me. And it's a good idea!
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#4FinzFan4lifePosted 1/4/2014 11:47:39 PM
ZAKDUDE posted...
I'm wanting to use the Xbox One for all of my media, but it's tough when there's not even a remote released for it. Kinect is not an option when I have a loud movie playing with surround sound. Also the controller is kind of annoying for this as well. It would be more tolerable if you didn't have to turn it back on every time you want to use it.

So anyone know if one is coming?

you must not of calibrated properly.

they most likely will for the sucker
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#5GietzyPosted 1/5/2014 12:21:41 AM
I thought the whole point was that they want you to use Kinect. If they release a media remote isn't that them just admitting that their main feature is an annoying gimmick?
---
My Setup: http://tinyurl.com/d395sf6
PSN/XBL/Steam: Willavom
#6ZAKDUDE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 12:28:25 AM(edited)
How am I supposed to use Kinect if theres a loud action scene playing out? Am I supposed to scream in my living room "XBOX PAUSE!!!"? It's not advanced enough to pick up voice commands in that situation.
#7GietzyPosted 1/5/2014 12:29:48 AM
ZAKDUDE posted...
How am I supposed to use Kinect if theres a loud action scene playing out? Am I supposed to scream in my living room "XBOX PAUSE!!!"? It's not advanced enough to pick up voice commands in that situation.

I'm not denying that. All I am saying is that if MS bring out a media remote that is them actively admitting that Kinect is not up to it which i can't see them doing.
---
My Setup: http://tinyurl.com/d395sf6
PSN/XBL/Steam: Willavom
#8sniper33Posted 1/5/2014 6:04:48 AM
They also have the smartglass app that you can use as a remote control, but yes I would hope they make an actual controller.
---
If you turn off the lights and say 360 3 times Bill Gates comes and steals your wallet - PG13
#9jsplisimPosted 1/5/2014 7:27:06 AM
I use a Harmony remote for it - works like a charm!
---
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.
#10RockguyKevPosted 1/5/2014 8:46:49 AM
Was going to come in to recommend smart glass, leaving going to update my Harmony knowing it works now.

I guess I should have assumed it would since it works with basically everything but that will be a nice addition to my set up.

That said, I still recommend Smart Glass.