Has anyone given Ryse a chance?

#11bessy67Posted 1/5/2014 7:35:57 AM
LionHartZero posted...
Side note about Ryse... I bought every single freakin execution available and for some reason i never seem to see any of the most expensive ones in action. It seems like all i ever see are the basic executions.. Any clue as to how to perform some of the last executions in the 4 categories?

You have to have a high combat multiplier to see more of the executions.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#12DonomegaPosted 1/5/2014 7:49:04 AM
I've played it at Best Buy and like it lol course I also like Knack :P

As soon as I catch my wife in a good mood I am getting an XboxOne.
#13Hvv0l24n9Posted 1/5/2014 8:48:31 AM
Donomega posted...
I've played it at Best Buy and like it lol course I also like Knack :P

As soon as I catch my wife in a good mood I am getting an XboxOne.

lol
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#14staticxtreme5Posted 1/5/2014 8:57:30 AM
No, no one has given Ryse a chance. The game has sold zero copies and has never been rented from Gamefly or any other rental service.

/sarcasm
#15elbarto1Posted 1/5/2014 9:57:56 AM
I like it but I paid $39.99

I think that's the max its worth

Its a great looking game but feels very PS2 in its level design

Reminds me of the two towers lotr game
Very linear. Run ahead, kill a pack of guys, run ahead, kill the same pack of guys. No going back to explore the room you just left.

Buy it on sale or used.

Its fun, but other than the graphics its a PS2 game.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#16Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 10:59:31 AM
elbarto1 posted...
I like it but I paid $39.99

I think that's the max its worth

Its a great looking game but feels very PS2 in its level design

Reminds me of the two towers lotr game
Very linear. Run ahead, kill a pack of guys, run ahead, kill the same pack of guys. No going back to explore the room you just left.

Buy it on sale or used.

Its fun, but other than the graphics its a PS2 game.

I see their are some fans of Ryse here. =) The going ahead and kill a pack of guys is fun though, if it weren't, I would not like the game.

To the guy who unlocked the cool executions and never saw them, most likely because you never got high combos or you never switched God's during a fight.

They made this game simple enough for anyone to really beat it. The 2nd poster made a lot of good points from someone who sees it as something else. I know it was years ago, but I loved beat'em ups and I was a big fan of Dynasty Warriors. DW offers so much more content, but I happily trade that in for a great sword and shield.

They capture that type of fun combat so well with the sounds and graphics, and the game is addictive once you begin to pull of super high combos and playing with a friend. I think the story warrants more than one play through myself, I found the game's story(Despite it's historical inaccuracies) to be more enjoyable than so many other games.

The reason I do not recommend games like TR(I am getting it even tho I own it), and AC4(I beat it on 360), is because it's a past gen game. The newer graphics on AC4 has not done enough to make me feel like what I'm doing is so much more fantastic on my second playthrough. Everything out except (on the top of my head) Ryse, Dead Rising 3(I highly recommend it and I did not like part 1 or 2. Just give it a chance, it has co-op.), Forza, Killer Instinct, Killzone 3, and Knack are past gen games with a new shade of paint(Maybe BF4 is the only game that makes a real leap from it's past gen installments.)

Missing something last gen to play it at 1080p is not playing next gen. If you're going to get a system, I'm going next gen 1st, unless it's not a game I play.(I don't play racing games or fighters like KI.)

If I had a PS4 I would want killzone and, I don't know what knack is. Wanting killzone does not mean I would like it, but I really like Ryse and D Rising 3.
#17natevinesPosted 1/5/2014 11:05:31 AM
Rome218 posted...
I think it is well worth 60 dollars

It's fun, but I wouldn't go that far...
#18Bac0n01Posted 1/5/2014 11:07:52 AM
I'm planning on starting today, if I have time. Looks fun but not revolutionary.
---
GT: bac0n01
PSN: The_Crispy_Bacon
#19Lerp85Posted 1/5/2014 11:08:39 AM
Nope, no one gave it a chance, that is why it has sales.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#20BigSnappaXPosted 1/5/2014 12:34:07 PM
id give it 8/10 personally
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~