Has Kill/Death Ratio ruined multiplayer gaming?

#1OandA_PestPosted 1/5/2014 1:23:00 AM
Has Kill/Death Ratio ruined multiplayer gaming? - Results (292 votes)
Yes
63.7% (186 votes)
No
28.08% (82 votes)
I love the Opie and Anthony show
8.22% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's sad, pathetic, and extremely prevalent. Players these days are more concerned about their Kill/Death ratio than just playing the game. Worrying about one's KD has been the root cause of camping, lack of teamwork, and other silly gameplay tactics in order to reach a good KD.

I remember playing Search and Destroy on Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops. I had so many matches where people were afraid to step somewhere, or plant the bomb because they were going to die. Players camp to farm kills and decrease deaths, and teamwork is lacking.

I think if the Kill/Death Ratio thing was removed from more shooters, people would actually run around more, be active in game, not camp so damn much, and actually use teamwork to win the match.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8
#2NeoAndurilPosted 1/5/2014 1:43:47 AM
Dudebro gamers have hurt gaming more. You can tell they haven't helped this board much either. They call anything they don't agree with a small equine.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#3Millertime660Posted 1/5/2014 1:47:05 AM
NeoAnduril posted...
Dudebro gamers have hurt gaming more. You can tell they haven't helped this board much either. They call anything they don't agree with a small equine.

speaking of hurt.... you're still around being all butthurt eh?
#4InjusticeRebornPosted 1/5/2014 1:47:33 AM
I can't say if it is 100% the problem until we see what it is like removed, but I do think it has played a major part in the mentality that habitats most online gaming communities.
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
#5NeoAndurilPosted 1/5/2014 1:57:17 AM
Millertime is in first, destined to prove my point. How long before the rest of the crew show?
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#6DojoMaxPosted 1/5/2014 2:03:45 AM
This topic has lots of potential.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#7CapwnDPosted 1/5/2014 2:13:14 AM
OandA_Pest posted...
It's sad, pathetic, and extremely prevalent. Players these days are more concerned about their Kill/Death ratio than just playing the game. Worrying about one's KD has been the root cause of camping, lack of teamwork, and other silly gameplay tactics in order to reach a good KD.

I remember playing Search and Destroy on Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops. I had so many matches where people were afraid to step somewhere, or plant the bomb because they were going to die. Players camp to farm kills and decrease deaths, and teamwork is lacking.

I think if the Kill/Death Ratio thing was removed from more shooters, people would actually run around more, be active in game, not camp so damn much, and actually use teamwork to win the match.

Sounds like your friends suck. Get better friends.

oh wait... it's you. I doubt you have any.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8OandA_Pest(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 2:23:00 AM(edited)
CapwnD posted...
OandA_Pest posted...

Sounds like your friends suck. Get better friends.

oh wait... it's you. I doubt you have any.

Aww, someone mad because their KD is the most important thing in their life?

Eh, I guess I can't blame ya. I'd be that pathetic if I was a virgin too.
---
Just call me "Pest." One of countless proud O&A Pests.
Pests take over the Scott Ferrall Show '06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y95tboOKVR8
#9-Oath-Posted 1/5/2014 2:56:50 AM
It made MGO more amazing in my opinion. Having those stats and a badge of honor made me feel accomplished even though it was just a game.

You were even rewarded for different playstyles. You could have a crappy kill record , but your stuns could get you somewhere special. Or even CQC.

Team Sneak gave more opportunity for creativity and teamwork.

Damn.... I miss that game.
#10WeirdShroomPosted 1/5/2014 3:06:28 AM
I don't play to up my K/Dr, I just let it be. Right now in my current game, GTAO, it's around 1.10. Everyone has good days and bad days. It's a lovely average stat to have. Actually, it's one of the ultimate standard stats in any game that records any sort of competative progress.

To whine about it must mean yours is terrible. You're probably one of those guys that get all excited when fate and bad matchmaking steps in and you are one of 4 or 5 versus just me in team deathmatch....then you lose.
---
GT: BxB402 - "Death is but a door, time is but a window. I'll be back!"