Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be equivalent to the second coming?

#1MasterSword546Posted 1/5/2014 8:53:12 AM
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

2. It is ONLINE ONLY. I know people are obsessed with CoD multiplayer, but there is a reason the campaign modes exists. What are you going to do with the game when the servers are down? When they get shut off completely?

3. We don't even have a price for it yet. I see absolutely no reason a multiplayer only title should be full priced, which it probably will be. That is only speculation, though.

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

5. The average gamer will never think, "Oh, Titanfall on 360 is made by a different developer than on the Xbone, therefore it must be of lower quality and I should buy a whole new console to play the game."
Just, no. Stop using that argument. Very few people will drop $500 to play the game because it isn't the exact same (but pretty damn close) to the version on the system they already own.

The point is, people are over hyping this game to a ridiculous point. Stop and think about it for half a second. This game is not going to be the system's saving grace.

I'm not trying to start a fanboy war this time, so please, keep the debate clean.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#2SexySamSosa67Posted 1/5/2014 8:54:42 AM
You know you want it.
---
Add me if you are a trophy hunter or if you are a cool worthy gamer
http://psnprofiles.com/NighT_Ryder31
#3GGearXPosted 1/5/2014 8:58:21 AM
Well it's call of duty with mechs. Sounds fun. I like call of duty. And I love mechs.

Though I agree with one of your points. I'm going to buy the 360 version.
---
GT- Neon KnLght
So like. You wanna play?
#4teeebzPosted 1/5/2014 9:02:12 AM
Didn't you already make this exact topic?
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#5YochodoPosted 1/5/2014 9:02:50 AM
teeebz posted...
Didn't you already make this exact topic?

someone did that's for sure
---
Raul
#6hollow-sasukePosted 1/5/2014 9:03:02 AM
This usually happens when a console lineup is not so great. They try to hype up the next big game hoping it's going to reassure them that they picked the right console. Just like how people were hyping up Lego City Undercover for Wii U. Honestly, Lego City? I saw right through that crap. Though, TF looks pretty good.
---
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@
#7SunDevil77Posted 1/5/2014 9:03:33 AM
Awh, TC's first topic got deleted
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/5/2014 9:06:43 AM(edited)
Why are you feeling compelled to make a topic about it? Ponies be scurred...

Oh, and why do you ponies act like Infamous SS will be equivalent to the second coming? The first Infamous was average at best, and the second was worse. Why do you think the third will suddenly be amazing?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#9InjusticeRebornPosted 1/5/2014 9:06:02 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Awh, TC's first topic got deleted

This.

inb4theautopistolgif
---
"Maybe all these clowns should chill out and stop trolling me." - MetroidFan9999
#10xacebopPosted 1/5/2014 9:08:19 AM
I already own 2 of the 3 systems it will be released on. Dr3 is more of a system seller to me