Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be equivalent to the second coming?

#11MasterSword546(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 8:18:45 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Why are you feeling compelled to make a topic about it? Ponies be scurred...

Oh, and why do you ponies act like Infamous SS will be equivalent to the second coming? The first Infamous was average at best, and the second was worse. Why do you think the third will suddenly be amazing?

I never said it was. But, if you must bring it up, InFamous will be more of a system seller because it is an EXCLUSIVE title.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#12ExempliGratiaPosted 1/5/2014 8:20:11 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

2. It is ONLINE ONLY. I know people are obsessed with CoD multiplayer, but there is a reason the campaign modes exists. What are you going to do with the game when the servers are down? When they get shut off completely?

3. We don't even have a price for it yet. I see absolutely no reason a multiplayer only title should be full priced, which it probably will be. That is only speculation, though.

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

5. The average gamer will never think, "Oh, Titanfall on 360 is made by a different developer than on the Xbone, therefore it must be of lower quality and I should buy a whole new console to play the game."
Just, no. Stop using that argument. Very few people will drop $500 to play the game because it isn't the exact same (but pretty damn close) to the version on the system they already own.

The point is, people are over hyping this game to a ridiculous point. Stop and think about it for half a second. This game is not going to be the system's saving grace.

I'm not trying to start a fanboy war this time, so please, keep the debate clean.

Opinions are not facts.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#13gohoanqPosted 1/5/2014 8:22:18 AM
It looks great, has giant mechs which people like to use in games, and parkour which has been freakishly popular since Assassin's Creed 1.. so it will sell systems whether you wanna believe it or not TC. lol That being said, maybe it won't be the best game in the universe, but it will still probably be good enough to compete with games like CoD of BF.

I'm excited for it, but I'm also cautious since I've yet to really see anything other than the ONE MAP they keep showing us, with the same few clips of people jumping off of walls and stuff lol I want to see a full list of modes, weapons, etc. before I can decide whether or not I'm 100% excited for it or not.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#14ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/5/2014 8:23:20 AM
MasterSword546 posted...

Oh, and why do you ponies act like Infamous SS will be equivalent to the second coming? The first Infamous was average at best, and the second was worse. Why do you think the third will suddenly be amazing?

I never said it was. But, if you must bring it up, InFamous will be more of a system seller because it is an EXCLUSIVE title.

lol, Infamous a system seller? The first two games combined didn't even hit 5 million sold.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#15MasterSword546(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 8:23:59 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

2. It is ONLINE ONLY. I know people are obsessed with CoD multiplayer, but there is a reason the campaign modes exists. What are you going to do with the game when the servers are down? When they get shut off completely?

3. We don't even have a price for it yet. I see absolutely no reason a multiplayer only title should be full priced, which it probably will be. That is only speculation, though.

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

5. The average gamer will never think, "Oh, Titanfall on 360 is made by a different developer than on the Xbone, therefore it must be of lower quality and I should buy a whole new console to play the game."
Just, no. Stop using that argument. Very few people will drop $500 to play the game because it isn't the exact same (but pretty damn close) to the version on the system they already own.

The point is, people are over hyping this game to a ridiculous point. Stop and think about it for half a second. This game is not going to be the system's saving grace.

I'm not trying to start a fanboy war this time, so please, keep the debate clean.

Opinions are not facts.

Please, tell me which of my points are completely opinion.
---
#16bessy67Posted 1/5/2014 8:25:47 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

Opinions are not facts.

Please, tell me which of my points are completely opinion.

All of them are opinions. Can you really not see that?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#17Cornbread4lifePosted 1/5/2014 8:26:10 AM
How is infamous alone a system seller? At least multiplayer games have potentially endless replay value. Infamous, as good as it most definitely is, has maybe 30 hours of gameplay if it's like the last, and sure, I'll give you one replay, so 60 hours. I wouldn't shell out $400 for 60 hours of entertainment. Nope.

You have to stop making this topic though. Why don't you wait until it comes out and then get your answer?
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#18MasterSword546(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 8:28:14 AM(edited)
MasterSword546 posted...

lol, Infamous a system seller? The first two games combined didn't even hit 5 million sold.

Except, you're forgetting that InFamous will be coming out during a dry period. All those millions of people with PS4s waiting on exclusive games will buy it up because there is no other platform to play it on. And people waiting for a good game are going to have a reason to buy the system, if they want to play it.

MS handicapped themselves by releasing Titanfall on 3 platforms.
---
#19GiarccpsnPosted 1/5/2014 8:28:13 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

6. It's struggling to run @720p.
---
PSN ID: JoeKnightt
XboxLive GT: JoeKnightt
#20Cornbread4lifePosted 1/5/2014 8:30:12 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
MasterSword546 posted...

Except, you're forgetting that InFamous will be coming out during a dry period. All those millions of people with PS4s waiting on exclusive games will buy it up because there is no other platform to play it on. And people waiting for a good game are going to have a reason to buy the system, if they want to play it.

MS handicapped themselves by releasing Titanfall on 3 platforms.

Titanfall on 360 looks like it'll be a different game. Different developer.
---
GT: Cornbread4life