1TB Titanfall Bundle?

#1PacificCoastHWYPosted 1/5/2014 3:41:06 PM
Will there be a 1TB hdd/game bundle soon? I am holding out for external support or a bigger HDD before I purchase one. 500gb is laughable and a slap in the face in todays tech world. I figure Titanfall would be the first major game worthy of a bundle.
#2KolanifvPosted 1/5/2014 3:43:36 PM
I severely doubt it. Being a new IP (and not a first party game) they need as many sales as possible to meet goals, and bundle sales don't count as Titanfall sales. Any bundles would only count as XOne sales.
#3jim200Posted 1/5/2014 3:44:11 PM
Prepare to have a Titan's fall
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: NNID: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
I Pre-Ordered an Xbox One and PS4 Within Hours of Each Other on June 10th, 2013
#4koichiPosted 1/5/2014 3:46:54 PM
500gb is pretty standard in the pre-built world.

I have a 240 SSD that isnt even full, but i dont try to juggle 10+ games in one week either so.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#5staticxtreme5Posted 1/5/2014 3:51:59 PM
Yeah, 500gb is plenty. I can't think of a moment in my life where I have juggled playing more than about 3 games at any given time.

The downside is that installing takes what seems like forever to do, even from a disc. I hope that it can be addressed to some extent in a patch. Couple that with what seems like unusually large game patches that have to be downloaded at the same time, and it is quite a hassle.

It would be nice if you could delete the games, but keep the patches if you choose to. Maybe that will be added at some point as well.
#6Jack_Ryder_2013Posted 1/5/2014 3:59:21 PM
You wont use 500 gigs on a game console that includes dlc, i get dlc all the time and my 320 gig ps3 is no where near filled up yet
#7XxkaimxXPosted 1/5/2014 4:18:21 PM
A typical xbox game can range in size from 20 gigs up to 40 gigs. If you take the average and go with 30 that equals about 16 games. This does not include DLC or updates or the system updates or other apps which most are fairly small. Adding all this up I dont think it will take long for the system to fill up.
#8exe67Posted 1/5/2014 4:21:27 PM
Jack_Ryder_2013 posted...
You wont use 500 gigs on a game console that includes dlc, i get dlc all the time and my 320 gig ps3 is no where near filled up yet

While true that I've only recently run into storage issues on my 5? year old 120GB 360, X1/PS4 games are many, many times larger and all games are required to be installed. I rarely install games on my last gen consoles, which is why I was able to go so long with no issue. While 500GB isn't an issue for most at the moment, it will be pretty quickly. I want to say I probably have about 150GB used up and it's not even 2 months in. If the rumors are true and you only have 380GB or so of usable space, that logic says roughly by June or so, I'll have to delete some games. That's 7 months to capacity versus the 5 years from last gen.

Wow, I didn't mean to write that much, but you get my point haha!
---
Proud Xbox One Day One adopter!
#9AshWilliams78Posted 1/5/2014 4:36:19 PM
I have a feeling that by the end of the PS4/Xbox Ones life cycle 1TB HDDs will be the standard for both consoles.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#10PsyGunWulfPosted 1/6/2014 12:21:54 AM
PacificCoastHWY posted...
Will there be a 1TB hdd/game bundle soon? I am holding out for external support or a bigger HDD before I purchase one. 500gb is laughable and a slap in the face in todays tech world. I figure Titanfall would be the first major game worthy of a bundle.

I have emailed Major Nelson and have gone as far as creating a twitter account to tweet him and Phil Spencer. No response thus far. Which could mean a few things. A) They don't care to answer. B) They haven't received/seen the messages. C) There is one but of course they can't confirm to some random dude on the internet.

I hope that if they are doing one they announce it soon and it looks awesome. If not then I hope they can let me know soon enough.