Serious question.What makes Knect on X1 worth the extra 100 dollars?

#21DojoMaxPosted 1/6/2014 2:58:59 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
It's funny how people around here complain about how Sony Ponies, trolls, and fanboys are ruining the board. Then when someone makes a topic and asks a question about Xbox One, hardly anyone takes it seriously and people call the guy a troll.

So basically all of you want this board to just be topics proclaiming how great the Xbox One is? I don't get it. It's GameFAQS. People are going to come here and ask questions about the console. How can you label the trolls and fanboys as such, when you act like trolls and fanboys?

This happened to me when I made a valid point about the PS4. It also happened to me when I made a valid point about XB1. So it goes both ways.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#22Smackdowner1Posted 1/6/2014 8:15:57 AM(edited)
CaIiber345 posted...
It's funny how people around here complain about how Sony Ponies, trolls, and fanboys are ruining the board. Then when someone makes a topic and asks a question about Xbox One, hardly anyone takes it seriously and people call the guy a troll.

So basically all of you want this board to just be topics proclaiming how great the Xbox One is? I don't get it. It's GameFAQS. People are going to come here and ask questions about the console. How can you label the trolls and fanboys as such, when you act like trolls and fanboys?

He can't even spell Kinect properly. Says the Xbox One is made of "lesser parts". It's super low effort.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2014
#23SoulTrapperPosted 1/6/2014 8:50:52 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...

He can't even spell Kinect properly. Says the Xbox One is made of "lesser parts". It's super low effort.

But it's true: the xbox hardware is less powerful.
Why is this so hard to accept?

On topic:
If you're not okay with handing over your personal info to a company that's actively involved in the biggest government spying scandal known to man, it's probably not worth it.

If you're okay with that, but expecting there to be anything other than the same kind of stuff there was last gen for kinect, you're most likely going to be disappointed, since nothing else has been announced involving the kinect in any major way.

If you like shouting commands at your TV, you might like the kinect, even if you'll have to repeat stuff and remember the exact phrase for each command.

It's what the previous kinect was, with a little more added functionality.
#24kcypher2000Posted 1/6/2014 10:00:56 AM
CaIiber345 posted...

Thats because most gamers dont do a complete cost allocation breakdown to justify buying a console. Thats like complaining about the useless lights on the ds4. You know that cost is built into the price of the ps4 somewhere.

Currently i find kinect a lot of use for kinect, voice controls and instant sign in are useful but the best reason is skype. It works great with kinect and even adjusts to zoom in on who is talking and zooms out when others sit down.

Easy way to communicate with distant family members and was great for the holidays.

Now as a gamer i see little use for kinect but as a gamer i support the system with the games and superior network. Considering with inflation the xbox 360 cost the same as the xbox one now i look at it as $500 for an xbox with a free kinect. Because its worth the price for the games alone.

Btw kinect games will come.
#256speednissanPosted 1/6/2014 10:15:44 AM
I use voice commands all the time. I turn my entire entertainment system on/off, control volume, and change channels without ever touching a remote. The convenience alone is worth it to me.
#26EllesarienPosted 1/6/2014 10:37:07 AM
Love my Kinect and IMO it is the only reason to buy a next-gen console.

Outside that, everything else is just a middling processor and video card upgrade. The real question is whether THAT upgrade is worth either $400.00 or $500.00.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#27crucialPosted 1/6/2014 12:07:25 PM
Playing Maddens 25 with the Kinect features is a blast to play especially online when you need to be quick,nothing is better then using voice for everything pre snap in maddens when playing 1 vs.1,I love the voice commands over all,and in NBA 2k14 calling plays on the fly with voice is much better then messing with the controls while trying to drive to the hoop.

Overall I would say its not really worth it now but I am still glad I have it for future releases and happy with it,I figure its only going to get better,my gf loves it for games like Just Dance so the main reason why I bought a X1 was because my gf really wanted Kinect for the 360 but I thought it was not worth it last gen but after messing with I am glad MS packed one in every box,plus she wants Kinect Sports Rivals as well.

Kinect is more family oriented tech not really for the hardcore gamer so MS packs one in to get a bigger base to buy there product,females love Kinect featured games,MS is not just for hardcore gamers they want everyone buying there console.

Selling 3 million consoles should tell you people want a X1 for many reasons.