Console works great, but I get an error when I insert a game

#1AngelsNAirwav3sPosted 1/5/2014 10:01:40 PM
So I went through all the installs and everything, but when I inserted several games I keep getting a "sorry, we can't play this disk" error. No bad grinding noises or anything like I have heard other people had. Is my console just broken?
---
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.
#2OzymandiasIVPosted 1/5/2014 10:04:07 PM(edited)
Doesn't sound like it works great to me.

I mean, isn't the primary point of the console to play games? How is it working great if it can't do that? Running and loading the OS at start-up counts as working great and not playing your games doesn't negate that?

---
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
FC: 2020-0946-8183; PM me to add. Registered AC Time Traveler.
#3AngelsNAirwav3s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 10:13:23 PM
Sorry, meant to say "Console start up went great, but I get an error when I insert a game". Thanks for pointing that out.
---
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.
#495_EclipsePosted 1/5/2014 10:15:38 PM
OzymandiasIV posted...

I mean, isn't the primary point of the console to play games? How is it working great if it can't do that? Running and loading the OS at start-up counts as working great and not playing your games doesn't negate that?

That was my first thought lol.

Anyway, call Microsoft TC.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#5AngelsNAirwav3s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 10:32:54 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
OzymandiasIV posted...

That was my first thought lol.

Anyway, call Microsoft TC.

Just started a live chat, this should end well.
---
#6AngelsNAirwav3s(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2014 11:03:43 PM
Just power the console on and off a couple times, unplug all cables, etc. nothing worked. Got to go back to Best Buy tomorrow and get a replacement, classic.
---