Console works great, but I get an error when I insert a game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Console works great, but I get an error when I insert a game
3 years ago#1
So I went through all the installs and everything, but when I inserted several games I keep getting a "sorry, we can't play this disk" error. No bad grinding noises or anything like I have heard other people had. Is my console just broken?
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.
3 years ago#2
Doesn't sound like it works great to me.

I mean, isn't the primary point of the console to play games? How is it working great if it can't do that? Running and loading the OS at start-up counts as working great and not playing your games doesn't negate that?
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.
FC: 2020-0946-8183; PM me to add. Registered AC Time Traveler.
3 years ago#3
Sorry, meant to say "Console start up went great, but I get an error when I insert a game". Thanks for pointing that out.
God bless the sad and selfless. Stay helpless. Cause I've always been stronger than that, hold the weight of the world on my back. Love, Selfish Love.
3 years ago#4
OzymandiasIV posted...

I mean, isn't the primary point of the console to play games? How is it working great if it can't do that? Running and loading the OS at start-up counts as working great and not playing your games doesn't negate that?

That was my first thought lol.

Anyway, call Microsoft TC.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
3 years ago#5
95_Eclipse posted...
OzymandiasIV posted...

That was my first thought lol.

Anyway, call Microsoft TC.

Just started a live chat, this should end well.
3 years ago#6
Just power the console on and off a couple times, unplug all cables, etc. nothing worked. Got to go back to Best Buy tomorrow and get a replacement, classic.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Console works great, but I get an error when I insert a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived