I won't be buying Dying Light unless it's 1080p on my Xbox One.

#71120N7Posted 1/7/2014 1:42:15 AM
VanderZoo posted...
You can't compare PC's to consoles in that way, consoles can perform double what a comparable PC can because of optimisation and significantly lower API overheads.

QFT ^

Unlike PCs, consoles have standardised hardware with optimised software, making any like-for-like comparison meaningless.

That's not to say PCs aren't more powerful; consoles just punch above their weight.
#72181stCommanderPosted 1/7/2014 5:14:44 AM(edited)
Lol tc thinks is the devs and not the system. Denial at its finest.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#73Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 5:16:30 AM
181stCommander posted...

Lol troll 55 lurking around the Xbox One boards. Get back to your bridge.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#74dnmtPosted 1/7/2014 5:20:05 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
181stCommander posted...

Lol troll 55 lurking around the Xbox One boards. Get back to your bridge.

Lol umad 'cause he's totally right and nothing you say or do will change that.
#75evan13Posted 1/7/2014 5:52:57 AM
I'm not worried about 1080p I'm worried it's going to be a buggy mess like the other two. Stop supporting devs who pump out this unfinished crap.
---
Xbox live GT: Frecky B
"I am no fanboy. I am just mad that the ps3 works"- SethJessa
#76PraetorXynPosted 1/8/2014 9:59:48 AM
120N7 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
You can't compare PC's to consoles in that way, consoles can perform double what a comparable PC can because of optimisation and significantly lower API overheads.

QFT ^

Unlike PCs, consoles have standardised hardware with optimised software, making any like-for-like comparison meaningless.

That's not to say PCs aren't more powerful; consoles just punch above their weight.

This is wrong on many levels.

The API overhead is negligible; it's definitely there, but it's no-where near a 25-50% overhead like you two are claiming.

The CPU in both of these consoles is an 8 core tablet CPU, and that's going to seriously hinder CPU intensive things like having a lot happening on screen at once.

Finally, gaming laptops, waste of money that they are, with a 7970M will perform as well as if not better than the PS4, which also has a 7970M. This is primarily due to the CPU being far stronger in single-threaded performance as well as having low-latency system RAM; I know this to be true because I've seen one of those laptops running BF4 at 1080P/60FPS; not at max settings mind you, but still better than what the consoles are doing.

Desktop PC's crap all over gaming laptops.

What "optimization" boils down to:
1. Increase graphical fidelity due to more powerful engines and increased familiarity with the hardware and software practices.
2. System can't handle the better graphics without suffering performance hits. So you accept a lower frame rate, usually 30 FPS with drops into the 20's being acceptable.
3. Reduce draw distance and depth of field, then add fog-like effects to cover it up.
4. Remove anti-aliasing, and add motion blur and blurring filters to help cover the jaggies.
5. Decrease field of view so not as much needs to be rendered on the screen at once.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#77120N7Posted 1/8/2014 5:28:33 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
120N7 posted...
VanderZoo posted...

QFT ^

This is wrong on many levels.

The API overhead is negligible; it's definitely there, but it's no-where near a 25-50% overhead like you two are claiming.

The CPU in both of these consoles is an 8 core tablet CPU, and that's going to seriously hinder CPU intensive things like having a lot happening on screen at once.

Finally, gaming laptops, waste of money that they are, with a 7970M will perform as well as if not better than the PS4, which also has a 7970M. This is primarily due to the CPU being far stronger in single-threaded performance as well as having low-latency system RAM; I know this to be true because I've seen one of those laptops running BF4 at 1080P/60FPS; not at max settings mind you, but still better than what the consoles are doing.

Desktop PC's crap all over gaming laptops.

What "optimization" boils down to:
1. Increase graphical fidelity due to more powerful engines and increased familiarity with the hardware and software practices.
2. System can't handle the better graphics without suffering performance hits. So you accept a lower frame rate, usually 30 FPS with drops into the 20's being acceptable.
3. Reduce draw distance and depth of field, then add fog-like effects to cover it up.
4. Remove anti-aliasing, and add motion blur and blurring filters to help cover the jaggies.
5. Decrease field of view so not as much needs to be rendered on the screen at once.

Respectfully, I disagree. The advantage of writing to metal is quite clear. A console would always significantly outperform a PC of similar spec. That's not to say, however, a PS4 or Xbox One would stand up to a high-end gaming rig.