It feels like Uncharted was the "Gears of War killer"

#1Shovel_BreakPosted 1/6/2014 8:58:31 AM
I love TPS games, Uncharted was the reason I got a PS3 and Gears of War was the reason I got a 360. While I do prefer Uncharted much more (Naughty Dog's are masterful at game creation) I have to say I'm sad that Epic is not really interested in making a Gears of War this gen, they have are involved with more important projects.

We all know that Uncharted and Gears of War were direct rivals being the biggest TPS exclusives on the competing systems, and it feels like Uncharted defeated it. Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 released both at the end of 2011, and not only did Uncharted 3 have the higher metacritic but it ended up outselling Gears 3 despite it launching two months later.

Then Gears of War Judgment released last year and hardly anyone cared and it sold poorly. I think that speaks volumes about the mass majority being over the series, while people went ballistic when Sony announced Uncharted PS4 in November

So while I'm super excited about Uncharted PS4, I wish there was a new Gears of War this gen coming as well
---
Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us"
Gaming has reached a new level (Only on PlayStation)
#2ExempliGratiaPosted 1/6/2014 9:00:32 AM
People didn't get Gears of War Judgment because it was a bad cash in game. Not because they were getting tired of it.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#3dnmtPosted 1/6/2014 9:01:25 AM
ExempliGratia posted...
People didn't get Gears of War Judgment because it was a bad cash in game. Not because they were getting tired of it.

A little of column A, a little of column B.
#4deadmarvPosted 1/6/2014 9:03:35 AM
You know you're going to get trolled and maybe flammed for this topic, right? There are fervent fanboys on both sides that will take your post and run away with it.

Also, since the games you mention are not on xb1, isn't this considered off-topic?
#5SALTandBURN67Posted 1/6/2014 9:03:54 AM
I was really into the Gears of War series up until halfway into 3. Then I just started getting bored with it. I hope they reinvent the series for the Xbox One and bring back the epic feeling 2 had.
#6Gunvalkyrie2Posted 1/6/2014 9:08:45 AM
the two games are nothing alike.

/topic
---
You are ignoring 9 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#7mrpicPosted 1/6/2014 9:13:02 AM
yea gears series went like this

gears 1 new exciting loads of gore good online

gears 2 same as above added horde

gears 3 kinda the same as the above with poilish and lots of dlc stuff to buy (sigh)

i never bought another after that
#8teeebzPosted 1/6/2014 9:19:19 AM
Uncharted for story, gears for the mp

Hell, I was playing gears 3 mp just the other day. It's the main reason my 370 is still hooked up
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#9userfrigginamePosted 1/6/2014 9:19:54 AM
They play almost nothing alike. I mean you might as well say that Metroid Prime and CoD are comparable, cuz they're both FPS. Uncharted just has elements to it that are paid attention as much or more than shooting, like its cinematic platforming and puzzles. And Uncharted isn't even over-the-shoulder.
#10TrueBlue91Posted 1/6/2014 9:38:24 AM
dnmt posted...
ExempliGratia posted...

A little of column A, a little of column B.

If that's a Simpsons reference, nice.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess