It feels like Uncharted was the "Gears of War killer"

#610PTICSPosted 1/6/2014 12:56:06 PM
Was Judgement bad because the douchebag, Cliffy B, wasn't there to design the game?
#62mcnichojPosted 1/6/2014 1:02:09 PM
0PTICS posted...
Was Judgement bad because the douchebag, Cliffy B, wasn't there to design the game?
>Makes good games
>Is a great guy
>Still gets called horrible things
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#63The_DjokerPosted 1/6/2014 1:15:51 PM
Uncharted was primarily SP. Gears of war is a FAR superior TPS. And I consider U2 one of the best games last gen.

The uncharted games are great games but not because of the TPS aspect. It's ok at best. A bit derivative. Gears has far more polished shooting mechanics and a better MP. Uncharted is about the story driven blockbuster out of your seat experience.
---
http://s18.postimg.org/mci4aub49/image.png
#64NettoSaitoPosted 1/6/2014 1:42:51 PM
Both games are completely different though. GoW is a 3rd person shooter strongly based on co-op, while Uncharted its a mix of stealth, platforming, and shooting. Sure Uncharted has some co-op missions, but they aren't the focus of the game, and serve as just something extra you can do with friends.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room - http://www.nettosgameroom.com
#65produnerPosted 1/6/2014 1:53:42 PM(edited)
GoW has better controls and shooting mechanics than Uncharted. And don't let me get started on Uncharted's flaws in platforming and its crappy AI.

The only thing that Uncharted has over GoW is the plot (storyline) and graphics, but gameplay is more important in my opinion.

I personally detest both, but I found the first two GoW games fun for Coop, and the shooting mechanics were fine, but things got linear and repetitive, and the whole industry turned into FPS/TPS.
---
"You need to stop making fun of Brazilians. Your account is going to lose posting privileges at this rate."gfaqs lead mod/admin.
#66angealfirePosted 1/6/2014 1:54:29 PM
thesticker posted...
Uncharted is garbage, as is The Last of Us. When I put a game in my console I want to play a game not watch a movie.

>_<
---
PSN- albelnoxx
#67blitz_0623Posted 1/6/2014 2:03:23 PM
produner posted...
and the whole industry turned into FPS/TPS.

Which is why most people are tired of any new FPS/TPS that comes out, no matter how great it is
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#68chip1289Posted 1/6/2014 2:04:02 PM
Both are fantastic franchises. They are completely different Gears is all about online and teamwork in co-op and versus mp. Uncharted is all about the story the online in this game is horrible. Uncharted is more an action/adventure than a shooter more comparable to Tomb Raider. I think Gears lost some luster after Ciffy B left epic as Gears was his baby
#69Xfma100Posted 1/6/2014 2:09:30 PM
rEaPeR_2k4 posted...
thesticker posted...
Uncharted is garbage, as is The Last of Us. When I put a game in my console I want to play a game not watch a movie.

The sony indoctrinated don't even know their controller is bad. They are too busy watching cut scenes. Looks at you MGS

Then why are you guys on the Xbox One board? The console that is being advertised as an all-in one media device?

<_<
---
3DS FC: 2251-4407-1145
#70Mr_Fury32Posted 1/6/2014 2:11:18 PM
thesticker posted...

clearly an MS fanboy, have you even PLAYED The Last Us? its not a damn movie, you play a lot of it yourself, its not like you think it is.

or was it simply too hard for you? lack of weapons, needing to actually THINK your actions through before proceeding, because you cant go in guns blazing.
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT