It feels like Uncharted was the "Gears of War killer"

#91Private_NoobPosted 1/6/2014 6:01:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#92slyman19Posted 1/6/2014 6:06:05 PM
Mr_Fury32 posted...
thesticker posted...
Uncharted is garbage, as is The Last of Us. When I put a game in my console I want to play a game not watch a movie.

clearly an MS fanboy, have you even PLAYED The Last Us? its not a damn movie, you play a lot of it yourself, its not like you think it is.

or was it simply too hard for you? lack of weapons, needing to actually THINK your actions through before proceeding, because you cant go in guns blazing.

What game were you playing? There was never a time when I lacked a weapon and I never really thought things through. There was only a few time were you couldn`t go guns blazing (Store, school, car tunnel) and those parts were really simple as sneaking by Clickers isn`t a tough challenge.
#93Mr_Fury32Posted 1/6/2014 6:34:20 PM
slyman19 posted...
Mr_Fury32 posted...
thesticker posted...
Uncharted is garbage, as is The Last of Us. When I put a game in my console I want to play a game not watch a movie.

clearly an MS fanboy, have you even PLAYED The Last Us? its not a damn movie, you play a lot of it yourself, its not like you think it is.

or was it simply too hard for you? lack of weapons, needing to actually THINK your actions through before proceeding, because you cant go in guns blazing.

What game were you playing? There was never a time when I lacked a weapon and I never really thought things through. There was only a few time were you couldn`t go guns blazing (Store, school, car tunnel) and those parts were really simple as sneaking by Clickers isn`t a tough challenge.

1) my original point is still valid, its NOT an FMV fest like he claims it is.

2) on higher dificulties (the way i like them) you cant go all out, they swamp you, you die.
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#94thestickerPosted 1/6/2014 6:36:53 PM
Merc123 posted...
BERZERKER17 posted...
thesticker posted...

Add the Metal Gear Series to that and i will agree.

The key difference that separates the MGS games from Uncharted/TLoU is that MGS typically has some fairly sound game mechanics, where the Naughty Dog games don't. MGS has lots of cutscenes but there's an actual GAME built around them.
#95BeefEasterPosted 1/6/2014 6:42:32 PM
slyman19 posted...
Mr_Fury32 posted...
thesticker posted...

play it on the hardest difficulty
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#96Donuts_R_GoodPosted 1/6/2014 6:52:28 PM
>people went nuts over Uncharted 4

Um, what? All I remember seeing is disappointment that it was Uncharted and not a new Crash Bandicoot.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#97savagechild89Posted 1/6/2014 7:46:26 PM
imo gears killed itself. gears 1 was the only "good" one imo. 2 was a total mess and 3 couldnt really fix the mess that 2 brought. 3 was better than 2 for sure but 2 was just a definite low point.

it just seemed like they took an amazing premise and squandered it across 3 games. i enjoy the series as a whole but it just fell flat in the end to me.

as for uncharted, i never really saw it as competition to gears. about the only thing they have in common is they are both TPS.

uncharted is driven by its characters while gears is more about over the top action. not saying that gears doesnt have good characters of uncharted doesnt have over the top action but its not anywhere near the same.
---
PSN: Savagechild89, 3DS Friendcode: 4983-5811-5759, Wii U: Littleraven89
#98SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/6/2014 8:06:29 PM
Stefan1277 posted...
Uncharted... Gears of War killer...? *facedeskfacedeskfacedeskfacedesk* people are growing to be slower and dumber by the day... I can't even begin to fathom the how someone would begin to compare these games. Maybe because they're a third person shooter, regardless of how incredibly different they are. Reassurance, dumb fanboys etc etc.

The slow and dumb is spreading so rapidly too. Im starting to think they are not actual people but ameoba monsters in human form.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Killzone: Shadow Fall, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#99Dev445Posted 1/6/2014 8:37:28 PM
mcnichoj posted...
0PTICS posted...
Was Judgement bad because the douchebag, Cliffy B, wasn't there to design the game?
>Makes good games
>Is a great guy
>Still gets called horrible things

I don't get the Cliffy hate at all. Anyway I look at it like this GOW is a good TV series and UC is a good movie. Gears you can play for years, Uncharted is good for one playthrough. Personally I like Gears better as already explained in the topic. I would still be playing 3 if I still had a 360. I re-uped all 3 times had the gold wings (was blue at first).
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#100GambitbuzzkillPosted 1/6/2014 8:44:27 PM
Shovel_Break posted...
I love TPS games, Uncharted was the reason I got a PS3 and Gears of War was the reason I got a 360. While I do prefer Uncharted much more (Naughty Dog's are masterful at game creation) I have to say I'm sad that Epic is not really interested in making a Gears of War this gen, they have are involved with more important projects.

We all know that Uncharted and Gears of War were direct rivals being the biggest TPS exclusives on the competing systems, and it feels like Uncharted defeated it. Uncharted 3 and Gears of War 3 released both at the end of 2011, and not only did Uncharted 3 have the higher metacritic but it ended up outselling Gears 3 despite it launching two months later.

Then Gears of War Judgment released last year and hardly anyone cared and it sold poorly. I think that speaks volumes about the mass majority being over the series, while people went ballistic when Sony announced Uncharted PS4 in November

So while I'm super excited about Uncharted PS4, I wish there was a new Gears of War this gen coming as well

How did Uncharted kill Gears when Gears sold more 17.77 to 14.59
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66