Anyone semi optimistic about Titanfall?

#1Rome218Posted 1/6/2014 12:12:03 PM
I think this is a very diverse list of exclusives we got. Forza for racing, KI for fighting fans, Ryse and Dead Rysing for action fans..

Now they finally bring a shooter, but it looks to be competing with shooters that are already around. I wanted xbone to showcase an exclusive FPS game, but I would have preferred a single player or a game solely focused on single player.

This is going to compete with BF and CoD, and we do not know if this first installment can stand up to those. No love for single player FPS games yet. =(

BTW: Ghosts campaign was the worst. It has the same gameplay that has remained fun, and the xbone controller works well. Usually in CoD games, there are crazy set pieces. I was not digging flying through with helicopters, or other versions of set pieces this game had as opposed to every other CoD.

Also, the Tank level on WaW was classic, this one had awful tank levels IMO.
#2Hucast9Posted 1/6/2014 12:26:23 PM(edited)
You want to know what I think? I think that in the end, Destiny is going to come out of nowhere with its less popularity, and it's going to sneak attack Titan Fall to be the better game. It's just a guess though.
#32ndAtomiskPosted 1/6/2014 12:20:15 PM
I'd be excited for both Titanfall and Destiny if they were in third person. Outside of Elder Scrolls I just don't seem to have fun with first person view games.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#4kyncaniPosted 1/6/2014 3:58:02 PM
Hucast9 posted...
You want to know what I think? I think that in the end, Destiny is going to come out of nowhere with its less popularity, and it's going to sneak attack Titan Fall to be the better game. It's just a guess though.

Destiny does look much better so far.
#5LostOdyssey17Posted 1/6/2014 4:01:24 PM
Obviously Destiny is going to offer SO much more and will be picked up by way more people who are even slightly smarter than the average cod fan.
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#6BigLongDownerPosted 1/6/2014 4:03:56 PM
I'm pretty stoked for Titanfall, but not as much as I am for Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy
#7CaIiber345Posted 1/6/2014 4:13:42 PM
I'll offer a prediction.

Titanfall and Destiny will put CoD and BF on the back burner.

Now I'm not saying that Titanfall and Destiny are going to be amazing games that are teh best evar. But CoD: Ghosts has disappointed everyone, and BF4 is awesome...when it's working. Ghosts has content issues and BF has technical issues. Titanfall will be just different enough, and Destiny will offer a new take on integrating SP and MP seamlessly.

It won't surprise me to see a lot of gamers invest themselves in these new IPs. After all, the original devs behind CoD and Halo are involved. That's going to generate a lot of interest at a time when new consoles are lacking in titles.
---
A GameFAQS Troll attacked for +12 damage!
Heimskr is my life coach.
#8skermacPosted 1/6/2014 4:15:38 PM
Titanfall will beat COD and BF4 easily, especially if it aint broke like BF4
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#9Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 9:16:52 PM
I think everyone is more excited about Destiny. I just saw the release date, you guys made it sound like it was coming around the corner. :P That is a long time, so the mean time all we have is Titanfall.

So.. I hope I love the multi, because there is not enough shooters this gen. =( I have a feeling that will eventually change, but this gen is dominated by a variety of games.
#101nternationa7Posted 1/6/2014 9:19:02 PM
Mainstream audience doesn't really buy into the giant mech genre. Just see how well Pacific Rim did in the USA box office. Might do well in China though.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947