Anyone semi optimistic about Titanfall?

#11BDJaycePosted 1/6/2014 10:22:20 PM
I think it has every chance of succeeding. It could be the next Halo or Call of Duty but it has every chance of failing too.

Star Wars The Old Republic (MMO), also published by EA, was hyped like crazy too and everyone thought it was going to be the best MMO ever and while it wasn't exactly bad they had to go free to play in less than a years time and enable crazy microtransactions in an effort to recoup their losses.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#12mrpicPosted 1/6/2014 10:37:38 PM
its going to sell lots on release day

but it has the potential to be massive think really big +1

from what i see the detractors are silly being the direct comparison is pacific rim which was at best an average arcade game fighter on xbl arcade

i personally have been waiting for a good mech game since mech assault and chrome hounds and really wasnt into Armored core as it felt very hollow compared the previous games in the genre

simply put i really hope titanfall is brilliant we all deserve a new awesome game and if it is indeed cod 2.0 with robots then ill not buy titanfall 2 no doubt
#13ukemandwnbuPosted 1/6/2014 10:52:16 PM
Rome218 posted...
there is not enough shooters this gen

It was here that I began shaking my head in shame for your naivety and considered calling you out for being part of the problem with gaming these days.

this gen is dominated by a variety of games

But this last line reassured me that you were clearly mocking last generation. High praise, my son.

In all seriousness, though... I love shooters just as much as the next guy, but within the first year of this new generation we will have had Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Titanfall, Destiny, and Halo for Xbox One. And that's just online multiplayer-focused first-person shooters.

But to say that there are not enough shooters -- I can not tell if you were just kidding or if you really believe there aren't enough shooters this gen so far. Then, when you said that this gen so far is being dominated by a variety of games (which just about everyone would agree, that's a good thing), I could only believe you were being tongue-in-cheek.

Thus you are deserving of high praise and my respect, Rome.
#14ziraki33Posted 1/6/2014 10:57:59 PM
Not ever since I heard it is being developed by the same devs that did one of the what is it now 30 call of dutys?
#15zeroalphamaxPosted 1/6/2014 11:12:57 PM
ziraki33 posted...
Not ever since I heard it is being developed by the same devs that did one of the what is it now 30 call of dutys?

Its being made by the team who made the last 2 CoD games before it sold its soul to repetition.
---
3DS FC:3523-2601-3596
Fire safari-Growlithe + Charmeleon
#16dementedlullabyPosted 1/6/2014 11:35:07 PM
Titanfall has six months before Destiny comes out. Part of the draw for a lot of people is it will hopefully fill that drought time if the game is good.

By getting rid of the single player element they've been able to put A LOT of time into the multi player. This game is a long time coming and will either blow it out of the park or disappoint big time. There is no room for mediocrity.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#17AnotherSomebodyPosted 1/7/2014 7:59:37 AM
I think it looks very cool but the fact that it's online-only puts me off quite a bit. My main concern is that the game will have more or less the same problems as every other online-only launch in that it gets flooded with users on servers that were nowhere near prepared and the whole thing becomes a non-functioning mess for the first month or two. My other concern is that without any form of offline play the game becomes useless if/when internet becomes unavailable/xbox live gold runs out.

There's also of course the very real likelihood that in a few years servers will be shut down and the game becomes unplayable that way. What it all amounts to is there's no way I'm buying it launch day. I'll wait a couple months and see how it holds up and if I can get it for cheap.
---
MAKIN' BACON PANCAKES
#18DjnarduPosted 1/7/2014 8:40:53 AM
COD has been milked dry but everyone forgets how game changing COD4 was and how good MW2 was.

Respawn is literally the same team that created those games.

COD4 did for modern console shooters what Halo did originally. It changed how everyone else designs their games.

There will always be a chance that it could flop.

But I put it in the perspective that imagine there was no Call of Duty made since MW2 and this is what they have been working on since then.

I remember the talk always was "when will they make a COD game set in the future".

This is essentially that game.
---
PS4 - Xbox One- PC
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#19kyncaniPosted 1/10/2014 10:49:18 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
Titanfall has six months before Destiny comes out. Part of the draw for a lot of people is it will hopefully fill that drought time if the game is good.

By getting rid of the single player element they've been able to put A LOT of time into the multi player. This game is a long time coming and will either blow it out of the park or disappoint big time. There is no room for mediocrity.

Well, looks like it's already started to disappoint. But I'm not a huge shooter fan in the first place.
#20AzaneAzerPosted 1/10/2014 10:51:11 AM
Every single announcement they make about it, makes it feel worse.