How do I background download updates and installs?

#1Chanfan02Posted 1/6/2014 1:32:56 PM
I am about to go to Hobbit and I just got Forza so I want to download the update and install it while I'm gone. How do I install so my Xbox isn't fully on. I tried Standby mode before and it wouldn't keep downloading. Any help would be awesome!
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan
#2Special-EddPosted 1/6/2014 2:44:59 PM
Standby mode should do it once the update starts to download. I know Forza's update is pretty large so it might take a decent amount of time to DL.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#3Chanfan02(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 8:10:23 PM
Special-Edd posted...
Standby mode should do it once the update starts to download. I know Forza's update is pretty large so it might take a decent amount of time to DL.

The weird thing is, I never got an update for Forza. I installed and I played it right away. I heard there was supposed to be a 6gb update but I'm glad I didn't have to download it lol.
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan
#4OUberLordPosted 1/6/2014 9:16:01 PM
You downloaded it as part of the install, most likely. It wouldn't let you play without it unless you've disconnected your console from the internet.
#5Lerp85Posted 1/6/2014 9:19:40 PM
Chanfan02 posted...
Special-Edd posted...

The weird thing is, I never got an update for Forza. I installed and I played it right away. I heard there was supposed to be a 6gb update but I'm glad I didn't have to download it lol.

The updates for games, if available, downloads while installing.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.