So you don't get achievements unless you're online?

#1AshWilliams78Posted 1/6/2014 1:35:35 PM
I was offline today and played through 3 Call of Duty missions till I realized I wasn't unlocking any achievements. Do they only unlock only if I'm online?
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#22ndAtomiskPosted 1/6/2014 1:38:33 PM(edited)
I think it's that they unlock offline, but aren't actually earned unless you're online, if that makes sense. Like when I first got DR3 I played it offline. But once I started playing it online, Achievements I earned suddenly popped.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/6/2014 1:43:21 PM
Have you gotten all the way through your list of nits to pick yet? Every day you make a couple of topics that you most likely already know the answer to just to try and drum up arguments. I mean, maybe you really did buy one without doing any research beforehand but I'm not buying it.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 1:47:16 PM
I was just curious. Achievements and Trophies for that matter are worthless to me. I was just curious since I wasn't seeing any Pop Ups while I was offline.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#5AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 1:49:01 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
I think it's that they unlock offline, but aren't actually earned unless you're online, if that makes sense. Like when I first got DR3 I played it offline. But once I started playing it online, Achievements I earned suddenly popped.

You were right. Just went online and the Achievements unlocked. I wonder why they did that when the 360 Achievements unlock either way. Oh well, guess it something else they need to add in a future update.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#6DojoMaxPosted 1/6/2014 1:49:51 PM
They should show up when you go online.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#7DojoMaxPosted 1/6/2014 2:08:02 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...

You were right. Just went online and the Achievements unlocked. I wonder why they did that when the 360 Achievements unlock either way. Oh well, guess it something else they need to add in a future update.

No its not. Its fine the way it is. Early on M$ had to reset gamer scores because people would go offline and use hex edited save files to unlock achievement they didnt earn. I like the idea of an online verification.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#8unclekoolaid73Posted 1/6/2014 2:11:38 PM
Marqmax posted...
AshWilliams78 posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...

No its not. Its fine the way it is. Early on M$ had to reset gamer scores because people would go offline and use hex edited save files to unlock achievement they didnt earn. I like the idea of an online verification.

I disagree, its not fine the way it is, its quasi-DRM in my opinion. My two cents.
#9Lerp85Posted 1/6/2014 2:15:50 PM
Marqmax posted...
AshWilliams78 posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...

Why do you care that others want to cheat there stuff and get in trouble for it? Why punish the masses for what a few do? This practice is used a lot and is BS.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#10TBONE_OGPosted 1/6/2014 3:04:19 PM(edited)
Lerp85 posted...
<Why do you care that others want to cheat there stuff and get in trouble for it? Why punish the masses for what a few do? This practice is used a lot and is BS.

Honor. Also, MS awards gamers with high gamerscore discounts and rewards for their score.

And how are you "punished" for having to log online to get your achievements? That's not a punishment. It's inconvenience if anything... and barely at all for most.

Maybe it has something to do with the online infrastructure... who knows.
---
Always O.G.