How does the future of the Xbox One look?

#21lninjasoniclPosted 1/7/2014 7:53:47 AM
It will be doing all right and getting good grades, the future is bright
---
When people get a little too chummy with me I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don't really care about them
#22Neoreloaded313Posted 1/7/2014 8:08:12 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Looks pretty good to me. I think that Xbox One is going to be unstoppable when it hits $399 or less.

Problem with this is that Sony would simply drop PS4 also by a hundred. In the long run I dont think Microsoft will be able to compete with Sony unless they drop the Kinect.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#23xsabrewulfPosted 1/7/2014 8:55:55 AM
Since the sales have been great and its $100 more than Sony. I would say Xbox One has nothing to worry about
#24Masterchief5525Posted 1/7/2014 9:17:12 AM
Spanish_Fly1 posted...
Seems pretty peachy to me.

---
i7-4770k | AMD Radeon HD 7990 | 8gb G.Skill 1600mhz | 2TB WD HDD | Asus Z87-A
#25coltsfan4ever31Posted 1/7/2014 9:34:46 AM
Cloudy
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#26cpcjlc3Posted 1/7/2014 9:46:14 AM
Neoreloaded313 posted...
Hucast9 posted...
Looks pretty good to me. I think that Xbox One is going to be unstoppable when it hits $399 or less.

Problem with this is that Sony would simply drop PS4 also by a hundred. In the long run I dont think Microsoft will be able to compete with Sony unless they drop the Kinect.

First I'll say something then I'll address the quote. I don't think we will see a price drop in the near future. Most with common sense will admit that the early adopters of new consoles tend to be core gamers. It is this market segment that the PS4 is aimed at. I'm not saying it won't serve the needs of other types of gamers, but it was these gamers Sony had in mind when building the PS4.

Microsoft on the other hand had the casual gamer in mind when constructing the Xbox One. They tend to not enter into the market until around year one. Couple that with the NFL integration, which MS will push very heavily, and the fact that the season was largely over by the time of launch, this coming NFL season could see an increase in sales. What I am trying to say is that the demographic MS is targeting hasn't even entered the market yet, and considering they are already at 3 million sales and not losing money on consoles sold, I don't think they will drop the price in the near future.

Now for the quote. Sony is making money with the PS4. It might no be much, but each console sold puts a little bit of coin in the coffers. The problem is I don't think Sony is in good enough financial shape to take a long term per unit loss on the PS4. MS, on the other hand, has gold filled to the top and could withstand to see a bit of it fly out the door if they dropped their price if they think it would ultimately cause the failure due to financial ruin of the PS4 brand.
#27hurhurharPosted 1/7/2014 9:47:25 AM
Fine I guess. Pretty much the same as the other 2 consoles.
#28cpcjlc3Posted 1/7/2014 12:43:39 PM
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
Cloudy

I see what you did there.
#29crucialPosted 1/7/2014 1:11:45 PM
It will spike,Titanfall is being released right at Tax season so I can see a big jump then it will slow down a bit until WatchDog's,Destiny and The Division is released then a price drop just in time for Halo 5 is released then it will sky rocket from there,by next holiday X1 will be around 10 million PS4 around 13 million.

The future of X1 will be just fine.