Netflix streaming and other issues...

#1AmbientEDGEPosted 1/6/2014 5:01:40 PM
Hey guys, I have my TV hooked up through the XB1 and prefer to use it for streaming Netflix but it becomes pixelated about 3/4 of the way through a show. I switched to streaming on PS4 and it never slows down.

Also, I've had to do a hard reset on my system a few times after the OS stopped responding to voice commands and froze while trying to switch to TV.

Has anyone else been having issues like this?
---
Whether you think you can or can not the answer is yes.
#2LostOdyssey17Posted 1/6/2014 5:04:51 PM
It is on netflix's end. It is pixelly on my smart tv too. They released these new plans that I have an inkling screwed up their streaming or bandwidth or whatever but they wont admit it.
---
I'm not one of you, I'm not a nerd. I talk to women. Be jealous.
#3uwhawk09Posted 1/6/2014 6:39:29 PM
Netflix has been horrible over the Christmas break because everyone is at home watching movies. The picture quality has to do with how many people are watching at a particular. time. During prime time I couldn't even get a standard def picture on my PS4, PS3, Xbox One, or PC. So I tried Netflix this morning on my XB1 and it loaded up in less than 5 seconds in 1080p.
#4Cornbread4lifePosted 1/6/2014 6:47:57 PM
uwhawk09 posted...
Netflix has been horrible over the Christmas break because everyone is at home watching movies. The picture quality has to do with how many people are watching at a particular. time. During prime time I couldn't even get a standard def picture on my PS4, PS3, Xbox One, or PC. So I tried Netflix this morning on my XB1 and it loaded up in less than 5 seconds in 1080p.

Don't forget the freezing weather too. Half the country doesn't want to leave their houses. For good reason.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#5swaggernautPosted 1/6/2014 8:22:51 PM
I was having problems but I switched hdmi cables and that did the trick. The hdmi cable AT&T uverse gave me is garbage. I'm going to but better ones to replace what came with the One too.
#6Alienware4LifePosted 1/7/2014 1:14:08 AM
I watch a ton of Netflix and it is perfect in Super hd. It's almost for sure a issue on the users end.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#7ado982LPosted 1/7/2014 5:47:24 AM
Alienware4Life posted...
I watch a ton of Netflix and it is perfect in Super hd. It's almost for sure a issue on the users end.

Super HD (1080p?) on Netflix for xbox? I thought that xbox was still 720p, but PS3 was 1080p (my blu ray player can do super Hd but the UI is really slow).
When I watch netflix sometimes the picture goes off, and the show (for example) goes back to the netflix menu (happens quite a bit), this never happened on the 360
#8AmbientEDGE(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 3:41:28 PM
I guess I'll chalk it up to Netflix being bogged down for the holidays like you guys mentioned. It makes sense. The wife and I were watching Netflix last night with no issues so I guess all is well.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it!
---
Whether you think you can or can not the answer is yes.
#96speednissanPosted 1/7/2014 5:52:27 PM
Netflix on all my devices is garbage right now even though I have consistent 22mb down and 5.5mb up. It must be on their end even though they will say it's me. My X1 is also wired directly to the router.