NFS or CoD

#11Cornbread4lifePosted 1/6/2014 8:29:25 PM
As someone who's played most CODs, I thought this one's multiplayer was a further skid in the wrong direction following the last couple. Didn't play the campaign though.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#12PoweredMilkManPosted 1/6/2014 8:32:52 PM
The new cod is passable to me, it just didn't have the effectiveness as the others did to me. And I have played NFS. Have you thought about DR3 it's pretty good. Ryse was alright but wait for the bargin bin price on that one.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#13Jedi454Posted 1/6/2014 8:45:23 PM
Neither, wait for Titanfall.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
My Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/DyingRomanGaming
#14VIC10U5Posted 1/6/2014 8:45:47 PM
Ghosts is the worst Call of Duty yet. It is yet another blemish on the once great series. The campaign is the worst. Cliched with forgettable set pieces. The multiplayer is as bad as it has ever been. You think bigger maps would be a blessing. WROOONG! Campers everywhere and then some guns are very unbalanced. THe Killstreaks are a bore, although the riot shield squadmate can be fun. The only good thing about the game is the extinction mode and even that can get tiresome pretty quickly if you don't have competent team mates.
#15koichi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 12:20:54 AM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
The new cod is passable to me, it just didn't have the effectiveness as the others did to me. And I have played NFS. Have you thought about DR3 it's pretty good. Ryse was alright but wait for the bargin bin price on that one.

Yes, thats why i didnt put either of them in the choice pool.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#16danl0134Posted 1/7/2014 2:05:30 AM
Either is good, IMO. I have both (and also a few other launch titles) and NFS and COD are both pretty good games. NFS is actually pretty tough for an arcade racer (I'm finding it much more challenging than Forza), and a lot of people seem to hate CoD for vague reasons. The campaign for CoD is of course 5-6 hours long (short) but it's the best since the original Modern Warfare. The multiplayer is almost exactly what you would expect from CoD.

My favorite launch titles are KI and DR3, but I've enjoyed CoD and NFS as well. Can't go wrong with either.
---
Great job!
PSN - CameraManDan, XBL - CameraManDanXBL
#17DeadlyKruegerPosted 1/7/2014 6:40:55 AM
pjnelson posted...
aszsith posted...
NFS is potentially the best of the launch titles. It is fantastic. It's like a now-current-gen Burnout Paradise mixed with Most Wanted.

You're clearly as casual gamer because no serious racing gamer would even consider NFS as the best launch title. It is to Forza what Sy-Fy originals are to the blockbusters they poorly mimic. If Forza was a Papa John's pizza, NFS is a Totino's frozen pizza. Reviewers agree.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=xboxone&cat=0&year=0&numrev=1&sort=0&letter=&search=

What if you prefer Totino's to Papa Johns?

Personally I liked NFS, it's fun and addictive. Annoying but in a fun way when you get busted with a lot of points. Ghosts just bugs and annoys me. Multiplayer is horrible, Maps were to big for 6v6 and camping spots everywhere. The campaign was alright, for being a Call of Duty campaign but it's short and really easy. Extintion is fun for about a hour then it gets old, real fast. like Zombies from treyarchs COD's.
#18suicide machinePosted 1/7/2014 9:41:02 AM
NFS. it really is a pretty darn good game. and I wasn't thinking of getting it until I saw many sites actually call it possibly the best of the launch titles (kotaku off the top of my head. saw it said a couple of other places too, just cant remember)
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork | PSN: mslender
Xbox One clips at https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#19aszsithPosted 1/7/2014 10:26:26 AM
Looks like the general consensus is NFS: Rivals based on the responses. Bet the "hardcore gamer" pizza analogy guy feels pretty stupid now...
---
You can put icing on a turd, but that doesn't make it a cupcake!