Gabe Newell Takes Friendly Jab at Xbox One.

#1GRU_CommanderPosted 1/6/2014 10:20:41 PM
http://kotaku.com/why-gabe-newell-isnt-worried-about-the-xbox-one-1495948495?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Yeah, ok gabe...
---
PSN: achillies_ny
Go faq yourself
#2NinjaGamer_23Posted 1/6/2014 10:29:34 PM
He's a funny guy consider his steamboxes run on Linux! LOL.

Plus the amount of steamboxes that many companies are making, way over kill.
#3GRU_Commander(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 10:34:26 PM
Didnt anyone learn from Sega?

Im guessing this is more of a market probe on his part... Is valve even taking a loss of the productions? or just the different manufactors
---
Go faq yourself
#4Rome218Posted 1/6/2014 10:36:26 PM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
He's a funny guy consider his steamboxes run on Linux! LOL.

Plus the amount of steamboxes that many companies are making, way over kill.

lol yeah. There were these pc gamers dissing MS, then I mentioned how if you are a PC gamer, then you have windows.

Some schmuck says "What about steambox.." like he made a point, then I googled it.

Steambox has a very strong 2004 line up if you love the source engine. I mean LOVE. So you can play HL2, CS:S, I think Left4Dead, and probably whatever other source games there are. TF:2 and maybe Day of Defeat: Source? I know they have Gary's Mod!
#5GRU_Commander(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2014 10:41:59 PM
He should do just select launches in large metro areas like Nintendo did with the NES in america, or better yet stick to what you do best, make games.

Miyamoto didnt cry when he was given bare bones to work with, didnt feel limited by a "controlled" industry, no he made games.
---
Go faq yourself
#6pjnelsonPosted 1/6/2014 10:43:16 PM
What's a Gabe Newell? Was that name supposed to mean something to anyone?
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#7Laylow12Posted 1/6/2014 10:47:50 PM
Somebody please buy that guy some soap
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#8ElPolloDiablo87Posted 1/6/2014 10:50:37 PM
lol, yes Gabe you have 65 million users who already have a PC that they run steam on. Who exactly are they trying to sell these steam machines to?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#9zerooo0Posted 1/6/2014 10:59:01 PM
I find it silly that he compared the X1 young numbers to Steams lifetiney numbers. Why not compare it to the 360 XBL numbers then it would be a more logical comparison, but the X1 comparison is just stupid. It would be like me comparing the Wii U sales to the Wii and saying its failure due to the gap. His comparison is idiotic and lol at the 13 different consoles.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#10Dr WhoopassPosted 1/6/2014 11:03:10 PM
zerooo0 posted...
I find it silly that he compared the X1 young numbers to Steams lifetiney numbers. Why not compare it to the 360 XBL numbers then it would be a more logical comparison, but the X1 comparison is just stupid. It would be like me comparing the Wii U sales to the Wii and saying its failure due to the gap. His comparison is idiotic and lol at the 13 different consoles.

^this

He knew exactly what he was doing, and sadly his worshippers will lap it up.
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N