Gabe Newell Takes Friendly Jab at Xbox One.

#21Xeeh_BitzPosted 1/7/2014 7:32:15 AM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
He's a funny guy consider his steamboxes run on Linux! LOL.

Plus the amount of steamboxes that many companies are making, way over kill.

Linux > Windows
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#22AvirosbPosted 1/7/2014 7:41:42 AM
181stCommander posted...
Linux is the future. Finally, Windows sucks and I hate to use it just because it has the most games. But with that comes the most problems as well. Even MAC would be better if it wasn't for the lack of games support. Hopefully that will chance now, Steam Box will bring Linux to the masses and devs will start supporting it now.
Windows may suck, but so do I and Linux is a pretty intimidating system.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#23SinisterSlayPosted 1/7/2014 8:10:15 AM
zerooo0 posted...
and lol at the 13 different consoles.

You don't want choice... interesting....
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#24embrandedonePosted 1/7/2014 5:17:50 PM
Ironic, considering how MS tried to fool (in reality, they did fool some) people into thinking they're a lot like STEAM.

:)
---
Sony managed to outcloud TEH POWAH OF DA KLOWD by actually showing something that works instead of spewing hot air. Loool!
#25AzaneAzerPosted 1/7/2014 5:22:56 PM
Lol at the Defense Squad, it's not like he told everyone to go buy an Xbox360 when they asked him a question.

It was a moderate joke, the 65 million steam user base is more to show that there already is a market for it, compared to both PSN and PayWall Live.

The way the Steambox is being marketted and created, it's not going to need to sell 10 million to break even like the Xbone one will need to, it's going to be made more efficiently and marketted less than 40x per NFL game.

I still think it's a dumb idea though, because an HDMI cord is cheaper and PCs will still be better than a digital distribution box.
#26The_Man_On_FirePosted 1/8/2014 3:19:35 PM
SinisterSlay posted...

You don't want choice... interesting....

its not choice when they cant make up their minds