Is this the only way I can share my digital games?

#1swaggernautPosted 1/7/2014 12:13:08 AM
Finally got One and was wondering is there a way I can share digital games with my bro on his One? I think he could retrieve my account on his Xbox and play what digital games I have right? Does that mean if I sign on my One, will it boot him while in game? Are there any other ways? TIA.
#2Sith JediPosted 1/7/2014 12:17:45 AM
Purchase the game on your Xbox with his login, or vice versa.

The xbox the purchase is made on can access the game from any profile and the profile the game is purchased on can access the game from any xbox.
#3koichiPosted 1/7/2014 12:22:21 AM
There was going to be a family share feature but whiners ruined that.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#4swaggernaut(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 12:59:58 AM
Thanks for the tip. Does making my One the Home console or not matter?
#5stargazer1981Posted 1/7/2014 1:23:40 AM
koichi posted...
There was going to be a family share feature but whiners ruined that.

Oh well.
---
'We are both atheists. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.'
#6120N7Posted 1/7/2014 1:26:16 AM
Sith Jedi posted...
Purchase the game on your Xbox with his login, or vice versa.

The xbox the purchase is made on can access the game from any profile and the profile the game is purchased on can access the game from any xbox.

That's not true. Games are registered to your home console, irrespective of which Xbox you purchase them on.

Any profile on your home console can play your digital purchases. Using your profile, you can play your games from any Xbox as long as you are logged in to XBL.

To share games, you would designate a friend's console as your home (and vice versa). All digital purchases would then be playable by both of you at the same time. Of course, it needs to be someone you trust.

There is a limit to the number of times you can change your home console. I think it's three times a year.
#7Rdeal2Posted 1/7/2014 1:58:49 AM
Just make your brothers console your home console and any digital purchase you make both of you will be able to play even at the same time
#8swaggernaut(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 10:56:29 AM
Thanks guys. This is what I'm about to do;

I will give my log in info to my brother to retrieve on his Xbox One.
He makes his Xbox One the Home console using my profile.
Buy a digital game with the credit on my account.
Then I can log onto my Xbox One and play the game on my profile.
And he could play whatever was downloaded on his even at the same time.

Is this right? Also am I the only one that could play the game purchased on my Xbone? Or other people can join the game just as long I'm signed on at the same time?