Does the lack of popularity of the PS CAMERA show people dont like

#1BruceLee1974Posted 1/7/2014 8:07:26 AM
Motion gaming and if MS gave people a CHOICE, most probably would not of bought a kinect with their xbox.

Do you think this is the reason MS FORCED kinect upon everyone ?
#2dnmtPosted 1/7/2014 8:09:58 AM
Yes, most people don't actually like motion controls . MS forced the Kinect in for data mining and ad revenue.
#3skermacPosted 1/7/2014 8:11:14 AM
Is anyone even using the Kinect?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#4LostJesusCrowPosted 1/7/2014 8:14:53 AM
I actually love the kinect for the voice recognition usage alone. It's amazing to walk in and say "xbox on" or "xbox pause", little things like that. I'm not saying it is ground breaking and a must have. It has become a feature that I use extensively however. My roommate has the PS Camera, and it just doesn't work well. He's yelling, "playstation, home screen" and it takes him saying it about 7-8 times before it finally works or he gets fed up and grabs the controller.
#5Reece504Posted 1/7/2014 8:22:02 AM
Its because the ps camera actually sucks when compared to the kinect that is why no offense, the voice commands for it hardly works and the face recognition is not as fast its been proven multiple times.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#6Reece504Posted 1/7/2014 8:22:19 AM
LostJesusCrow posted...
I actually love the kinect for the voice recognition usage alone. It's amazing to walk in and say "xbox on" or "xbox pause", little things like that. I'm not saying it is ground breaking and a must have. It has become a feature that I use extensively however. My roommate has the PS Camera, and it just doesn't work well. He's yelling, "playstation, home screen" and it takes him saying it about 7-8 times before it finally works or he gets fed up and grabs the controller.

This^^^
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#7Craig--aPosted 1/7/2014 8:23:10 AM
Reece504 posted...
LostJesusCrow posted...

This^^^

Aren't these things that could have been done with a very cheap mic though?
---
You aren't the "official" anything of gamefaqs...
#8BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 8:27:39 AM(edited)
But I can do the voice thing on PS4 now without kinect. I do think that most companies aren only using kinect for voice feature and not many are using the motion part of it just like the end of the 360.

I think a few people like the voice part but not many like the motion part of it.

Why couldn't MS implement this like Sony does on the PS4 without kinect ?

EDIT: This never used to work for me until I found out you just have to talk softly or normal and works great for me. I used to speak loud because thats how I used to do it on kinect on the 360. But because your using a mic, tell your room mate to speak normal or soft and works great.
#9Special-EddPosted 1/7/2014 8:25:22 AM
LostJesusCrow posted...

I mainly use the commands to turn my system on or off but it is really awesome when I want to record a game clip and just say "Xbox record that" or accept a party invite quickly.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#10DojoMaxPosted 1/7/2014 9:17:04 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Motion gaming and if MS gave people a CHOICE, most probably would not of bought a kinect with their xbox.

Do you think this is the reason MS FORCED kinect upon everyone ?

Yea. That's why.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin