Would you buy a XBox One if it was strictly digital?

#1sneak522Posted 1/7/2014 7:54:04 AM
XBox One Current Console vs Digital Only... Would you buy it? - Results (102 votes)
Digital Only... With current features.
6.86% (7 votes)
Digital Only... If it had enhanced features
18.63% (19 votes)
Not sure both look tempting
0.98% (1 votes)
Current Console... The XBox One is fine the way it is.
17.65% (18 votes)
Current Console... I'll wait for the Slim Model to come out.
6.86% (7 votes)
I'm not even going to bother with a XBox One.
49.02% (50 votes)
This poll is now closed.
With a recent article that came out from OXM (Link Below) and looking at Microsoft's previous Always Online requirement would you still have bought a XBox One if it was digital only?
http://www.oxm.co.uk/68723/microsoft-considered-removing-xbox-ones-disc-drive/

Actually.. Lets take this a step further do you think Microsoft SHOULD make a Digital Only Console and that it will be successful?

Example/possible console features:
- Price Drop to $349.99
- Slim design (No BD Drive)
- Easier Portability (No Huge Power Brick)
- Double the Hard Drive Space with a One Terabyte Hard Drive (New Model name XBox 1-T)
- Less complicated Transfer/Game access feature as the games are associated with your Gamer Tag and you can manage the consoles the game can be accessed on as long as your Gamer Tag is signed in.
- Games On Demand options to demo first (for free) then purchase in game for 50/40 dollars.
(Digital games should not cost as much as hard copy games due to cost to manufacture a disc)

And Lastly...
- Always on to play games (you bought a Digital Only Console after all so you will be connected to the internet anyway)

Thoughts?
Comments?
Poll.
Thanks!
#2Lerp85Posted 1/7/2014 8:21:39 AM
No I would not buy it. The only way I would be willing to go digital only is when it becomes at least the same price as retail, till then no thank you.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#3desert_santaPosted 1/7/2014 8:25:01 AM
Digital only?

I'd need 100 times the HDD space minimum if it was. Plus I would also want digital sales on a monthly basis, and not the same recycled titles.
#4Lerp85Posted 1/7/2014 8:34:15 AM
desert_santa posted...
Digital only?

I'd need 100 times the HDD space minimum if it was. Plus I would also want digital sales on a monthly basis, and not the same recycled titles.

Why would you need more space? You have to install disk games as well, so it would be the same space taken up.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#5SteelToothPosted 1/7/2014 8:36:18 AM
desert_santa posted...
Digital only?

No you wouldn't.

The cloud saves your data and manages the system for you. If you're nearing a full HDD, it will delete the oldest/least used program/game.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#6desert_santaPosted 1/7/2014 10:45:33 AM
Lerp85 posted...
desert_santa posted...
Digital only?

Why would you need more space? You have to install disk games as well, so it would be the same space taken up.

The 50 gig games take half a day for me to download. Don't really fancy doing that again for the same title when I want to replay.
#7desert_santaPosted 1/7/2014 10:50:25 AM(edited)
SteelTooth posted...
desert_santa posted...
Digital only?

No you wouldn't.

The cloud saves your data and manages the system for you. If you're nearing a full HDD, it will delete the oldest/least used program/game.

Long time to download for me. Plus will the servers be there forever? When I pay top price to buy something I like to access it whenever I want(to replay or go back to try to finish). Otherwise I might as well just stop buying games and rent them at a much lower price.
#8Lerp85Posted 1/7/2014 7:23:45 PM
desert_santa posted...
Lerp85 posted...
desert_santa posted...
Digital only?

The 50 gig games take half a day for me to download. Don't really fancy doing that again for the same title when I want to replay.

The download time had nothing to do with how much you can hold. the amount you can hold would be the exact same.
---
#9desert_santaPosted 1/8/2014 2:29:27 AM
Lerp85 posted...
desert_santa posted...
Lerp85 posted...
desert_santa posted...
Digital only?

The download time had nothing to do with how much you can hold. the amount you can hold would be the exact same.

Installing from disc doesn't take that long as no downloading is required. Download times are relevant to the topic if the console went digital only. Hence my gripe regarding hdd space.
#10xninjagrrlPosted 1/8/2014 3:59:10 AM
Sure with reduced priced games, say 40 for new games and 2 TB of hard drive space inside the bone. It should have came with 1 TB from launch imo.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.