Does Xbox live for Xbone offer a free game(s) every month like the ps4?

#31VoidBeyondPosted 1/7/2014 1:24:18 PM
As others have said, Games for Gold will branch to the X1 once more games start hitting.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#32BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 1:26:38 PM
cheezedadada posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
cheezedadada posted...
BlackFeathers posted...

I'm just tryna figure out what FREE games are out for the Xbone. Rather its F2P or a giveaway makes me no difference :/

It makes a huge difference though.

You heard OP. It doesn't make a difference!

OP: I've received Dead Rising 3, Forza 5. Ryse and Battlefield 4 for free as Christmas gifts. Same thing right?

Someone on the Vita forums made a great quote about PS+ being free. I wish I could find it. It was basically something like you dont get a bill every time you flick the light switch, does that mean electricity is free? Basically a joke about people paying for a service and thinking the games they get while that service is active (long term rentals) are free.

I think PS+ is a great service, but the quote was still hilarious at the same time. I went to put it in my signature but it didnt fit.

TC's topic derailed pretty badly though. A lot of the counterpoints he is making dont hold any weight at all.

One thing I noticed about gamefaqs is people dont use common sense and when you ask a simple question, you'll NEVER get a simple answer.

All I asked was what free games can I get for Xbone. I was either expecting a list of games or for someone to tell me there are none available at this time. But that's too much to ask right? :/
---
NP:Killzone:Shadowfall & Warframe!
#33BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 1:28:52 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone that gave me a polite answer!
---
NP:Killzone:Shadowfall & Warframe!
#34Mason_CainPosted 1/7/2014 1:30:21 PM
Warframe - pay to win shooter
DC Universe Online - pay to do anything
Contrast - crappy PS+ platformer
Resogun - mediocre shooter with PS+
Zin Pinball - app is free, buy tables
Pinball Arcade 2 - as with Zen
Don't Starve - PS+ again, and awful
Blacklight Retribution - oh dear god

I'm a fan of Sony and MS consoles, and right now both have a sh@ lineup
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Captain_Dusk
#35Sniper_BrosefPosted 1/7/2014 1:30:22 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
I just want to say thank you to everyone that gave me a polite answer!

You're welcome!
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#36ThatLaoGuyPosted 1/7/2014 1:36:01 PM
crucial posted...
There not free,free means you get something that you keep which on PS+you do not keep games,you rent them,360 and soon X1 you keep the games forever,I got DR2,AC3,Halo3,Fable 3 all for free and get to keep forever even with out gold,there on my HD forever so stop throwing free around when that is not the case,it's Netflix for games that one day will be taken away from you.

Its a rental service.

Guess those free movies, shows, and dinners at events aren't really free either. They're rental.

Free means I paid nothing for it. Ps+ free games are and will always be an added bonus. Many of the ps+ discounts ended paying for my sub fee back on ps3.
Everyone wins in this case.
I was lured in with a free trial back on ps3. I stayed when I realized how much of a deal it was.
---
Tro9ooooooololololllllooooooooo999lllolololololollllllolllololololo zomggggtrrolllzzzz help me!!! I'm too immature to ignore trollZzzzz
#37Jiggy101011Posted 1/7/2014 2:01:36 PM
BlackFeathers posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
cheezedadada posted...
BlackFeathers posted...

I'm just tryna figure out what FREE games are out for the Xbone. Rather its F2P or a giveaway makes me no difference :/

It makes a huge difference though.

You heard OP. It doesn't make a difference!

OP: I've received Dead Rising 3, Forza 5. Ryse and Battlefield 4 for free as Christmas gifts. Same thing right?

Someone on the Vita forums made a great quote about PS+ being free. I wish I could find it. It was basically something like you dont get a bill every time you flick the light switch, does that mean electricity is free? Basically a joke about people paying for a service and thinking the games they get while that service is active (long term rentals) are free.

I think PS+ is a great service, but the quote was still hilarious at the same time. I went to put it in my signature but it didnt fit.

TC's topic derailed pretty badly though. A lot of the counterpoints he is making dont hold any weight at all.

One thing I noticed about gamefaqs is people dont use common sense and when you ask a simple question, you'll NEVER get a simple answer.

All I asked was what free games can I get for Xbone. I was either expecting a list of games or for someone to tell me there are none available at this time. But that's too much to ask right? :/

They did. The first 2 posts answered your question.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#38cheezedadadaPosted 1/7/2014 5:04:11 PM(edited)
BlackFeathers posted...

The only reason the thread heading in that direction was your reply. The first two people answered you then you replied with "Well Sony has already given almost 10 free games the PS4 already!'. The way the sentence reads (even reading it again now) comes off kinda snide to me. Even if it wasnt meant that way, it comes off that way.

After that you mentioned a list of games that are either F2P no matter which platform they are on (If we can list F2p, games like Project Spark and a few others I read about are F2P on Xbox One) and ones that are "free" but are really long term rental games you get from paying for PS+. Once you stop paying for PS+, you lose those "free" games.

I am not denying that PS+ is a great service though and you really do score some good deals on it. I own a Vita and PS3 and I am on PSN frequently and there is lots of good stuff there. I also happen to really like Microsoft and I find XBL to be an extremely satisfying service and I expect good things from it going forward too.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#39AxccelPosted 1/7/2014 5:05:26 PM
You get PS+ for the free games , you stay with it because of the INSANE discounts. How can you guys not get this??? PS+ practically pays for itself.
---
PSN: EZed2587
X/Y FC : 3136-7857-6751
#40weezergabePosted 1/7/2014 5:05:46 PM
Why is anyone responding to this Sony loser
---
3DO is still the best console of all time.