Do you believe MS will sell Xbox Ones without Kinect for $399 in the future?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you believe MS will sell Xbox Ones without Kinect for $399 in the future?

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
3 years ago#1
Do you think it will happen? - Results (121 votes)
Yes
46.28% (56 votes)
No
53.72% (65 votes)
This poll is now closed.
In order for the Xbox One to stay more competitive in the future, I believe it's only a matter of time before Microsoft offers the console without Kinect for $399. Of course they could announce a price drop and keep the Kinect bundled with the console, but they would just be losing more money on every console sold.
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925

User Info: XtremeWRATH360

XtremeWRATH360
3 years ago#2
I still can't believe they didn't do this to begin with. I still don't agree with their approach with Kinect and feel they should release a Kinect version as i think it makes sense and would like to own an XB1 down the road, but we will see.
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag

User Info: nickr2d2

nickr2d2
3 years ago#3
TheGam3925 posted...
In order for the Xbox One to stay more competitive in the future, I believe it's only a matter of time before Microsoft offers the console without Kinect for $399. Of course they could announce a price drop and keep the Kinect bundled with the console, but they would just be losing more money on every console sold.

Even with Kinect at 399, they'd still be making a profit, albeit a low one.

But they won't release a version without Kinect. That's one thing they won't do. Ever.

Personally, I don't mind. It has some nice features.
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
3 years ago#4
Wonder how long they will let the Kinect drag it down.

User Info: BjornAgainst

BjornAgainst
3 years ago#5
I think it will happen sooner rather than later, Microsoft needs to move units and they would be better off selling the system without Kinect than not selling it at all. While I know Microsoft does not want to abandon Kinect after all the money they invested in it, if the Kinect is dragging system sales down then they will need to make a tough decision if they want to remain competetive against Sony.

User Info: TheGam3925

TheGam3925
3 years ago#6
nickr2d2 posted...
TheGam3925 posted...

Even with Kinect at 399, they'd still be making a profit, albeit a low one.

But they won't release a version without Kinect. That's one thing they won't do. Ever.

Personally, I don't mind. It has some nice features.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/27/teardown-reveals-xbox-one-costs-55-90-more-to-make-than-ps4

"A teardown of the Xbox One console, Kinect, and controller reveals an overall manufacturing cost of $471"
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925

User Info: FinzFan4life

FinzFan4life
3 years ago#7
AzaneAzer posted...
Wonder how long they will let the Kinect drag it down.

3mill sold in 13 regions to 4.2mill in 40 on avg they are selling more don't really think it's being dragged down
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
3 years ago#8
I think they should, but I don't think it will happen, Microsoft is far too stubborn about kinect

User Info: SILENTGHOSTS96

SILENTGHOSTS96
3 years ago#9
TheGam3925 posted...

the kinect is a amazing piece of hardware i wouldnt want my xbox one without it

User Info: lato9905

lato9905
3 years ago#10
Nope. I think everyone should have a Kinect instead.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you believe MS will sell Xbox Ones without Kinect for $399 in the future?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived