How is the hdmi pass-thru feature?

#1AzeiryousPosted 1/7/2014 1:42:20 PM
I plan on buying an XB1 next week. I have a dvr hd cablebox hooked up to the tv via hdmi. Is their any delay when going thru the ONE. Does the ONE have to be on the whole time to watch tv? Can it be just on stand-by to watch tv. I record alot of programs so relly dont want any delays. Does the quality suffer?
#2Reflex-ArcPosted 1/7/2014 1:44:27 PM
Yo, dawg...we heard you like guides so we put guides in your guides so you can browse tv shows while you browse tv shows.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#3Azeiryous(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 2:08:56 PM
uh yea
#4Azeiryous(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 2:26:04 PM
i hate this board, why are like the 1st ten topics all about the ps4 is better blah blah blah

take that **** somewhere else.
#5garcia_jxPosted 1/7/2014 2:30:37 PM
I never thought I would enjoy the HDMI pass through as much as I do now.
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 1/7/2014 2:34:18 PM(edited)
I'm just poking fun... But to answer your questions...

Is their any delay when going thru the ONE?

Yes, but it's minimal to the point of being un-noteworthy

Does the ONE have to be on the whole time to watch tv?

Yes.

Can it be just on stand-by to watch tv?

No. The console must be on to use the "pass-through"

record alot of programs so relly dont want any delays. Does the quality suffer?

Yes, but again negligible.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7Azeiryous(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2014 2:54:25 PM
ok thanks reflex

I feel like i will enjoy it alot garcia
#86speednissanPosted 1/7/2014 5:43:40 PM
The Xbox also provides it's own on screen guide when you enter your cable provider. I still prefer to use my cable box guide though, but some people might like it. Changing the channel and adjusting the volume with my voice is great.
#9garcia_jxPosted 1/10/2014 5:08:42 PM
^^Or changing the channels while getting dressed for work.

"Xbox, go to ESPN"
#10Reflex-ArcPosted 1/10/2014 5:15:57 PM
"Xbox, mute" May be my most favorite thing ever. So handy during phone calls, or loud commercials. :)
---